[I'm 7 years old!] A big star appears and disappears

Is that a comet? No, a comet would be much brighter.

It's Miranda. My spirit is fine.

The other day, the telescope arrived, and I started astronomical observation from that night.

Even so, I can't stay up late at night, so I can only confirm the constellations of the season and which planets are.

Currently, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn have been discovered, and the discovery of Saturn's rings a few years ago sparked an astronomical observation boom.

Until recently. These stars were called stray stars and were said not to move regularly.

If you think that the sky is moving without the earth moving, then the planets are strange stars moving from west to east, don't you think?

However, no other planets have been discovered since then.

I will discover Uranus! It must be because there are celestial bodies like the earth so far! !

another thing, asteroid belt I want to observe

Certainly, the asteroid belt should have been discovered at the same time as the discovery of Uranus!

Come to think of it, are the planets the same size in this world?

Copernicus or Kepler should have come up with a law for calculating the weight of planets, so I wonder if there are people in this world who fall under that rule.

Many people still believe in the Ptolemaic theory, but there is no such thing as a religion.

Isn't it hard to simply believe in something you can't observe?

I know from the beginning that the planets revolve around the sun, so I think I know, but I can't even prove it. I'm not that smart.

By observing various stars and predicting their movements, we should be able to determine their revolution period and mass.

How do you measure interstellar distance? I don't have a laser.

Well, the original purpose is fortune-telling, but horoscopes are important in astrology.

If you can make and read, you can do astrology, but for that, astronomical observation is also important.

for predicting the future.

Fortune-telling magazines seem to have a long list of charts for making this horoscope.

So you apply the position of your own star and make a scenario.

I didn't really know all that much. Astrology is so deep...

For the time being, I'm thinking of observing each planet.

If you don't keep observation records, you can't even prove that it's a planet.

If you observe where they are in the same place at the same time every hour or so and stack them up, you should be able to see what kind of movement they are doing.

In my previous life, even if I wanted to observe astronomical objects, the sky was dirty and the surroundings were too bright to see the stars at all, so I never did.

In this world where you can see such a beautiful starry sky, I definitely want to see various stars!

If possible, I'd like to talk to some great professor and find out about lunar and solar eclipses.