XXXIV

AN: To let readers have fun as well, I did not put the entirety of the text included in the link. I want you all to be detectives. 

Alexa's POV

Alexa's POV

It's been three unfruitful hours since we took my ex's laptop back to Jacob's office and so far, we only learned few things.

First, Angelo's name is not the identity of the body he is inhabiting. In short, he's just using the body of Francis Guanzon, one of the 'alleged' missing students. Second, he first inhabited Mateo Dematera's body. 

Napag-alaman namin dahil may pattern sa galaw nilang dalawa. 

Noong araw nang pagkawala ni Mateo, ay siya namang consultation dapat sa kaniya nitong si Francis dahil sakit sa ulo ng school itong batang ito.

He's been in and out of a juvenile facility before entering college. Again, he committed a lot of minor crimes including plagiarism, school theft, bullying, and exam cheating, and since my ex was their part-time guidance councilor, he always talked to these delinquent students.

But the Francis I knew, or should I say Angelo, is far from what the data tells. They acted so differently, and when he lifted me from the air, I tried to grab his wrist and feel if there is a heartbeat. My hunch was right and confirmed that the real Francis is already dead.

It's now Angelo in Francis' body.

That's what we dug from the files inside his laptop. No mentions of a girl named Carmela Villareal either dahil wala siya sa grading sheet ng ex ko. 

Hindi ko mapigilang mapakamot sa ulo dahil kanina pa namin dine-decipher ng kasama ko ang mga ancient symbols sa isang file ni Mateo. There are numerous files in his computer, but this stood out the most. This file was named and created the day the first confirmed victim died.

Joana Ross' death was December 7, 9:00 pm.

ΠΙφά-ΔΔΔΙ-ΔΔΔΙ-[ΔΠ]ΔΔΠΙΙ-ΠΙΙά-[ΔΠ]ΔΠΙΙΙΙ-[ΔΠ]ΔΔ-ΔΔΔΙ-[ΔΠ]ΔΔΙΙΙ-ΔΔΔΠΙ-ΔΔΔ-[ΔΠ]ΔΠΙΙΙ-[ΔΠ]ΔΙ-ΠΙσι-ΔΔΔΠΙΙΙ-[ΔΠ]ΔΔΙΙΙΙ-ΠΙφά

"Did Alec picked up his phone yet?" pagkuha ni Jacob sa atensyon ko sabay lapag ng baso ng tsokolate sa makalat na mesa. I shrugged and gave him a sigh of defeat.

Pinagmasdan ko na naman ang mga nakalatag na papel sa mesa bago itinuon ulit ang sarili sa laptop. Pareho kami ng ginagawa ni Jacob, look at some codes on the internet, then try to crack the hidden message sa file ni Mateo. If it fails, then we don't have a choice but to find another one.