numberings; 1.07

While on her break one day, the girl was sitting with her back against a staircase railing, giggling loudly at something one of her friends had said. Then, after finally catching her breath, it was taken away from her again, when the boy approached the group.

He was striding casually towards them, his tall and fairly broad frame seeming larger as he neared. His thumbs were tucked behind the straps of his backpack and a gentle smile was set upon his face.

The girl's friends teased her, for they could see that he was looking only at her, and because of how they all wanted the two to evolve into something more than they were now. Pale Eyes merely blushed and shoved some of them away from her with a nervous burst of energy. "Just shut up and be cool. Which I know is hard for you all." She whispered, giving a pointed glare to one of her more talkative friends.

When the boy arrived in front of the girl, she gave a tiny, shy smile to him, which he returned although it appeared more confident than hers. "Hey." He greeted, his cheeks turning a darker pink than usual.

"Hi." The girl replied quietly, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. She found it a bit difficult to not look away from him bashfully, especially since her face began to feel warmer just from the boy's presence.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Rosy Cheeks asked, gesturing with one of his backpack straps that he wanted her to be away from her friends.

The girl nodded slowly, then felt her cheeks grow even warmer when he offered her a hand to help her up. With a few seconds of hesitation came her decision.

She twined her tiny fingers with his larger ones and looked down at the ground she was previously seated on as he helped her to her feet. "Thanks." She mumbled, dropping his hand quickly.

When she glanced up at him sheepishly from under her lashes, she found him bobbing his head slightly. The two walked a bit farther away from her friends, just out of hearing distance.

They both stood silently for a while, the girl growing more timid by the second. She found herself rubbing at one of her palms with her thumb, a nervous tick she'd established over the years; as she watched the boy rub at the back of his neck.

Finally, he cleared his throat and looked at her sheepishly. "I.. This is kind of a weird question. Well maybe not weird, but maybe out of the blue?" He rambled, stopping for a second to take a deep breath. "God, am I bad at this."

His shut his eyes tight, only to snap them open a nervous heartbeat after. "I was wondering if I could have your number." Rosy Cheeks blurted out, the color in his face resembling his coined nickname.

The girl was taken by surprise, her jaw even dropping ever so slightly before she closed it quickly. He wanted her number? "Why?" She found her self asking aloud even though she hadn't meant to. Her hand flew to her mouth.  "I'm sorry! You don't have to answer that I-"

Rosy Cheeks interrupted her, "No, no, its fine, you don't have to give it to me. I just thought.. Well I wanted to get to know you better." He stammered a reply.

The two stood there with cherry colored skin and shy glances until the girl spoke up after chewing at her lower lip in thought. "I-I.." She started only to sigh in annoyance. "Let me.. See your phone." Her voice was quiet.

The boy's eyebrows shot up quickly, but he reached into his back pocket silently and then handed her his phone after unlocking it. With shaking hands, she typed in her number and wrote 'Art Girl' in the name box, then handed it back to him. Before he could say anything, she scurried off, back to her friends, where she was greeted with questions she didn't answer.

___________

Bella's note: Hello there! Two updates in two days! :-) I wrote this with my puppy sleeping in my lap and I felt like her cuteness rubbed off on my writing??

I have a question for you all, even if you're usually a silent reader I would love a reply to this:

If I started another book, would you read it? And if so, what would you like it to be? Another short story whether is be in the same format as this or slightly different? Would you want an actual book like teen fiction/romance? Or maybe would you want more of a science fiction book sort of thing? Whatever you'd like to see, if you would read one, let me know.

Or if you think I should just focus on Rosy Cheeks for now, you can say that too.

Let me know and have a lovely day!

-xx

(If you commented on the last chapter and I didn't reply, wattpad is not letting me reply to some people I'm so sorry!)