terrorings; 4.00

Before I start this, I'd just like to say to Starbucks that this is ridiculous, bc my whole hand is 6 inches & this is way smaller than my palm & they start at $3.25. Idk who you think you're fooling, especially bc I'm mainly Dutch and super cheap. This is why I like Dunkin Donuts better than you. Anyways, heh sorry.

__________

After dating for a little more than four months now, things started to seem like they were looking up for the two. Both were filled with smiles, giggles and inside jokes. Memories that they shared with their friends. Too many drawings of their adventures to count.

They, and everyone else, knew that they were slowly drifting into love. It seemed that the couple worked together better than brushes and paint. They were their own masterpiece; one that was unique and beautiful in it's own way.

And lately, the boy had been doing great. He'd started taking his meds (not because the girl wanted him to, but he wanted to be better; for himself and for her) and had told the girl that he'd finally began to feel like the old him.

That was, until the night before his birthday.

Pale Eyes had been sitting, with her legs criss-crossed on her bed, before everything happened. Her long hair was cascading over her shoulders and onto the paper that she was currently drawing away on with her favorite colored pencils; and she had a new album she'd fallen in love with playing in the background (which she was softly singing along with).

Rosy Cheeks had begged her not to spend money on him, so her birthday present came in multiple parts.The first was a collection of minimalist drawings of items that meant a lot to him. And to them. The second gift was a well thought out note, where she wrote down all her favorite memories and words spoken between them. The third and final part, was convincing the boy's mom to let him visit with her cousin who lived in Colorado for the summer so they could go paint in the mountains.

As she was adding the final touches to one of the drawings, a knock came from her door. She uncrossed her legs and slid off the edge of her bed, clumsily making her way to her visitor. When Pale Eyes opened the door, she found her mother waiting patiently, with what the girl quickly recognized as a sketchbook the boy always seemed to have, resting in her arms. Her mom, with the same smile the girl had, handed the book to the girl and said, "When I came home, I found this tucked in between the screen and the door. I figured it was for you." And walked away, not before shooting the girl a wink.

Pale Eyes blushed, and wandered over to her favorite chair, where she sat and hung her small legs over the armrest, her toes tapping together as she opened the cover. Her cheeks color darkened when she read what the first page said. 'To the most quintessential artist and person I've ever met - There's never a day that I don't think about how blessed I am to have you, Pale Eyes.' She flipped the page to find a sketch of two hands intertwined. One small, one large. The next page contained a color drawing she remembered so well. It was of a book character she was describing to him, and he'd decided to draw it for her.

Page after page, were drawings of days they spent together, or things the girl mentioned she'd liked. Some were rough and candid sketches of her. Others were of scenes from movies they'd watched together. It was like a photo album of their times together, yet all art done from the boy. And on all the backs of the pieces, there was a little note he'd made. Whether it was something he had wished he'd said to the girl that day, a quote he liked or a description of their date.

As she neared the end, she was nearly in tears of elation. Everything contained in the small sketchbook reminded her of how wonderful he was to her, and how she was worth something to someone.

Then, when to the second to last page, her jaw dropped.

There, etched on the page, was a photo realistic drawing of her, with nature all around in the background. Her lips were stretched into a large smile, a hand tucking her flowered hair behind her ear. On her lap, her sketchpad was resting there with a pencil tip pressed into the surface; and her toes were dipped in a pool of water. Every curve, bend and freckle of her was perfectly replicated in his drawing of Pale Eyes.

She couldn't help the tears that rolled down her cheeks as she took in the beauty of her and his art. Quickly she flipped to see what he had written, only to find nothing on the back of it, but a date and a title, 'The True Beauty of the Botanic Gardens'.

Then her eyes wandered to the final page, to see it filled halfway with his awful font, the one she had constant trouble reading. She gazed over the words, it at first seeming so sweet. But the last few sentences chilled her blood till her heart was hardly beating anymore.

'Pale Eyes.. there aren't words to form a good enough apology for this. I just want you to know that this isn't your fault. Please don't blame yourself, though I know you will.

Every minute I try to remind myself that it's not my fault, but sweetheart.. it is. I did it. I caused my family so much pain. And my face is just a reminder for them each day that I'm a monster. I don't want you to think of me that way. I can't let you look at me like they do. Maybe someday my mom will tell you what I've done. But please don't ask her now. Please try to remember me for a while how you've always known me. I love you so much, but I can't live this lie anymore. I can't pretend that I'm okay with who I am anymore.

One day, hopefully far in the future, we'll see each other again. But you deserve better than the freak I am, sweetheart. So much better than the monster I am.

Forever in your heart, the boy you named Rosy Cheeks.'

After reading it, a strangled scream sounded in the distance.

And she didn't even realize it was hers as her head began to flood with fear.

_____

Bella's note: *hides* I'm sorry..

I had such a hard time writing this.. it took me three hours, I feel like my writing is totally off.

On another note, I have published the two prequels to this story, so go check them out! They won't be updated until this story is finished though, but that's coming in a few days :c

I also posted the summary to a story called 'night drives' which is about two friends who go on weird adventures when they really should be asleep, if you want to check that out. The first chapter should be up tonight! (I'd love to know if you guys would a) read this b)if it should be first or third person)

QOTC: What place do you dream of visiting some day?

I've always wanted to go to London and other parts of England, as well as Lithuania because my grandpa's relatives are from there and it's beautiful.

Love you lots,

-xx

(P.s. Rosy Cheeks' 'I'm a monster' comment will only be explained in his prequel!)