askings; 2.00

Unedited
___________
When the boy approached the girl the next day after school, she was standing on her tip toes to peer at her top locker shelf; with her head tilted back and dark hair cascading in waves. Her delicate hands were holding a heavy textbook and resting in her shoulders, the straps of her backpack.

The boy had no shame in watching her, he merely smiled for a bit, admiring the movements, the little things about the girl with pale eyes.

Then he approached her slowly after taking a deep breath. This was it.

"Hey there, Pale Eyes." He said gently, resting his hand on the door of her locker.

She jumped visibly, dropping from her toes to the balls of her feet; then whipped her head around towards the sound of his voice. It took a few seconds, until she giggled. "You always startle me!" She exclaimed, nudging his side with her elbow. "But hey there yourself."

He smiled down at her with his hands shoved in his pockets, his smile turning into a smirk as she went up on the tips of her toes to look at her shelf. "Do you need help getting something?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

She sighed and defeatedly nodded her head. "My brother thought it'd be funny to shove my sunglasses against the back, so that he could drive home today." The girl replied while rolling her eyes.

Rosy Cheeks chuckled and reached over her shoulder to retrieve her sunglasses and handed them to her. She smiled gratefully at him and the two blushed when their fingers touched.

Then was the boy reminded of why he had approached the girl. He cleared his throat and ran his fingers through his hair, giving  her a nervous smile.

"So..." He began slowly, his voice rather quiet. "I.. Uhm, have a question to ask you. And whatever your answer is, it's totally okay.. I mean-"

The girl interuppted him kindly, by placing her tiny hand on his arm and saying, "Go ahead." She gave her easy and comforting smile to the boy.

"Right.." He mumbled, clearing his throat again. "Uhm, so I was wondering.. If maybe you'd.. if you'd want to go out with me sometime?"

The girl froze, with her hand still on Rosy Cheeks' arm, her pale eyes widening till they couldn't anymore.

They stood there quietly for awhile, with the anxiety building up in both of their chests.

Then, the girl sputtered out a reply, "I..I.. My brothers waiting for me."

And with that, she removed her grasp from his arm, pushed her locker closed, and scurried away from the boy and down the closest staircase; leaving Rosy Cheeks with a defeated expression on his face and the girl with a frazzled mind.
____________
Bella's note: this is probably crap because I've been terribly sick for the last week and had to go to urgent care today, then got diagnosed with strep throat D: so my prescription is making me exhausted and a little loopy.

Anyway enough about me, I hope you found this chapter interesting! Let me know? ;-)

-xx

(P.s. what do you think of the new cover?)