movie-goings; 2.02

Unedited
__________
The girl had been filled with nervous energy that built up inside her chest as Friday drew closer. Everyone had noticed the change of attitude from her; how she triple guessed everything instead double; how she was even more careful than usual with her word choice; how she constantly checked her hair or makeup for imperfections.

Everyone except the boy of course (but only because he was just as bad as she was.)

When the time came for the girl to leave her house, unfortunately with her brother in tow (he had a thing for one of the girl's friend), she was a fidgeting wreck. This was her first time being around the boy outside of a school setting, and it seemed like a completely new territory for her. She'd never been good with guys when she couldn't hide behind a book or make a quick dash into classroom.

Her brother ended up driving them to the theater, despite her outcries, because with one look at her hands, he found them rather unsteady. Nearly trembling.

As they approached the cinema, she began to squirm beneath her seatbelt, unable to sit still, a common sign of anxiety from her. Her brother reached his arm over the center console of the car and grabbed her hand to keep it steady; then gave it a squeeze. "Just breathe...He's going to love you." He said, in his always confident manner. 

After his surprsing words of encouragement to Pale Eyes, he dropped her hand and parked; then exited the car in a rush to meet up with her friend; leaving her to freak out alone.

"What a dumbass." She muttered quietly to herself, as she unbuckled her seatbelt and ran a hand through her curled hair.

The girl sat there for nearly five minutes until she figured she had enough courage to face the boy that made her so filled with butterflies.

Her tiny legs took quick strides to the door of the theater, where she was greeted by her group of friends and their significant others with hugs and ridiculous facial expressions, until her eyes connected with the chocolate brown ones she'd become to accustomed to.

"Uh.." Rosy Cheeks stammered as everyone watched them (but tried pretending that they weren't), definitely living up to his nickname at that moment. His hands were shoved into his pockets per usual as he looked down at her. "You.. look lovely."

The girl's cheeks flushed as she tilted her head down shyly, then quickly returned her gaze towards him. "T-thank you." She replied. Then added, "I see my use of the word lovely has already rubbed off on you."

The boy laughed softly, taking a slightly hesitant step closer to her. "I suppose it has." He said, giving her a lopsided grin. Then he looked up at the group, catching a few people staring directly at the two with no shame. A couple other's heads jerked in the opposite direction. "I think they're waiting for us." He wiggled his eyebrows playfully at her.

"I suppose they are." Pale Eyes teased, knocking her hip into the middle of his thigh (because that was the best she could do.) "You're such a ham."

Rosy Cheeks rolled his eyes then held out his arm towards the girl, with a cheesy grin on his face. "Madam, shall we be off to the film?" He asked. "I've already retrieved the tickets."

The girl giggled, and twined her arm around his. "What a fine gentleman your mother has raised." She said softly, walking in an overly graceful manner.

"I'm dashing aren't I?" The boy questioned her with a wink, making her blush again.

As they entered the movie, the girl replied with a tiny grin upon her face after a moment of silence. "No."

The boy gasped, dropping her arm. "I see how it is then, madam." He said, "I suppose you don't want to sit near me then."

"No, no I do!" The girl blurted a bit too quickly. Then she hid behind her hands, embarrassed by her reaction.

The boy simply grasped her hands gently with his, pulled them away from her face, and whispered, "Pale Eyes, I'll tell you a secret. I would've sat by you anyway." He was silent for a while, then, "I mean, only because you were the one to invite me, I wouldn't try to be annoying or creepy or-"

The girl giggled, and gave him a gentle shove. "Shut up, I get what you mean. I know you're not an f-boy."

"Did you..." The boy whispered as the group filed into their seats. "Did you just say f-boy? As in a fu-"

Pale Eyes furrowed her eyebrows and nodded slowly, "Shh.There are children here."

The boy threw his had back and laughed rather boisterously (which could hardly be heard over the loud commercials on the movie screen), almost tripping on his own feet before he sat down beside the girl. "You're so damn adorable." He muttered.

The girl's face warmed as she got herself situated, tucking her feet up onto the seat of the theater chair, which she found much more comfortable than letting her feet dangle. She didn't know quite what to say, and was relieved when the lights dimmed and the speakers sound levels raised for the upcoming movie previews.

The two quietly watched and commented on what movies that thought seemed interesting and joked around about ones that seemed rather ridiculous. They also snacked lightly on the popcorn someone had decided to buy large bags of (which surely cost them a small fortune.)

As soon as the movie began, the girl got lost in a mini trance as she often did when she watched movies, and often the boy found he spent more time admiring her than the cinematography on the screen; which he found much more interesting. Eventually, the girl turned to the boy to find him already looking at her; which didn't even make him flinch. She leaned in towards him and whispered, "This movie is terrible."

He merely nodded in agreement, the two turning their attention back to the movie they were regretting, especially since it wasnt even halfway through yet. Everyone else in their group seemed to be enjoying it, so they figured they'd stay as well.

A little while later, when the movie was three fourths done, the boy felt a sudden weight on his shoulder. It was the girl; she'd managed to doze off during the most dramatic part of the film.

Rosy Cheeks smiled as he looked down at her; her head resting against him, her curls covering half her face. He managed to move his arm and rest it gently around her so that her head layed on his chest; as the rest of her body's position seemed horribly uncomfortable. Her legs were still tucked up on the cushion of the seat, her neck bent slightly at an awkward angle and one arm digging into the plastic armrest; while the other was dangling loosely at her side.

Yet she stayed there, sighing contently in her sleep as the movie progressed. When she woke up, she was mortified, but the boy promised that it was perfectly alright with him, and that she'd only drooled on him a little.

The two then chatted with their friends as they made their way out of the theater room and to the little restaurant attached to the cinema, where they'd decided to get late night snacks and ice cream.

When it came time for the group to part ways, the two didn't hesitate to go straight for a hug. "I had a great time." Rosy Cheeks whispered in her ear as he leaned down a tad.

"Even though I slept for most of it?" The girl asked, her cheeks flushing although he couldn't tell.

"Especially because of that." He replied.

_______

Bella's note: these conversations are so awkward because I am terrible at them!! I am like the living defintion of awkward and its 12 am so. I'm probably going to edit this whole thing, but I don't like missing my goal of a daily update.

Tell me what you think?

-xx

(P.S. THIS IS FOR ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN READING ANOTHER BOOK FROM ME!! PLEASE pm me [I don't bite {and I think I'm pretty nice..} I promise I'm just super awkward and I probably love you already bc you read this story] if you'd like to help me make a decision on how to write my next story. I don't have time to type it all out right now, but I'd really appreciate opinions because I'm not the one reading it! You would be :) xx)