unknowings; 4.03

Waking up in a hospital room was confusing for the girl, especially when she realized that she was engulfed in a warmness from another body, the boy's.

While she was trying to carefully stretch out her curled up body, she inadvertently roused the boy from his sleep. With a feeble tug, he pulled her into his chest, then buried his head into the crook of her neck.

"I wish sometime I could wake up to this every morning." He whispered against her while breathing in her familiar scent.

The boy placed a gentle kiss to her skin, in such a delicate manner that it almost frightened the girl. She was about to say something about it, when the nurses changed shifts, the newest one seeming a bit rougher than the one's the boy had before. This nurse was an older woman, with her mouth seeming to be set in a permanent scowl. And she asked to girl to leave so they could change his bandages and IVs, then take some more tests.

The girl obliged, grudgingly placing a kiss to the boy's nose, and whispering to his still sleepy figure that she'd be back soon. He merely gave her an incoherent mumble of acknowledgement, but she took it and slowly made her way outside his room, shooting one last look at the boy over her shoulder as she did so.

The tests and redressing of wounds took longer than the girl had expected. Too long almost, as the boy's mother said while they sat in the waiting room. His mother had been chatting aimlessly, just to keep her mind off things and not to get a response from Pale Eyes, while the girl scratched furiously away at her sketchbook (which her own mom had dropped off for her, because she knew it always helped the girl in stressful situations.)

Nearly an hour later of chatting and drawing, the boy's mom was called back into the room. Alone. Leaving the girl standing with wide and frightened eyes trained at the swinging doors, her sketchbook dangling, forgotten in her hand.

Pale Eyes had no idea how long she stood there, wanting nothing more in the world, than to know what was going on behind those doors. To know how her Rosy Cheeks was. To know why she wasn't allowed back in the glass encased room, where the boy was constantly watched.

And when those swinging doors finally opened again, to reveal the boy's mother once again with her waterfall cheeks, her body wracking with sobs; the girl dropped her sketchbook, and ran.

Oh, she ran.

_____

Bella's note: Two more guys. Two more. Unbelievable and very saddening.

Much love, xx.

Important information about the upcoming oneshot contest:

- Since a lot of people told me they'd consider entering a little contest, I decided I'd have one. I'll be picking anywhere from 1-6 (depending on how many enteries, really) of my favorite things you guys write, and they'll be featured in the upcoming memory book of Rosy Cheeks and Pale Eyes, titled "Afterwords"

- The rules are really simple:

- Write a one shot (however long you'd like it to be, though it needs a minimum of at least 500 words) about Rosy and Pale. There really aren't any limits to this. It can be about anything. It could be a date while they were still in high school. It could be an art class or conversation you think should've been in the book. It could be a future date. It could be what you think the two talked about while they were together in his hospital bed. Seriously, go crazy and show me your creative side with it. You can include information from the prequels if you're reading them (this is actually a huge hint if you can't think of an idea c;) and feel free to use any of Pale's friends (which I know they're not mentioned a lot but.)

-It may be written in third or first person.

-Dedicate what you wrote to me! That way I can find it, and I'll add it to the contest reading list I'm going to make. You may also PM me!

-As of right now, there's no deadline. I'm thinking I might give you two-four weeks, but I'm unsure. Check my profile for information or PM me!

And that's all! Pm me if you have any questions, I really would love to see what you guys could do. You're all amazing!