Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Gulf scanned the penthouse suit. It was complete and fully furnished. He took a tour and looked at everything and sighed in satisfaction.

His phone rings from his bag, and he skied to answer when he saw Davika calling him.

"Hello?"

"Did you arrive?" She urgently asked the moment he heard him.

"Yes, I'm currently staying at a hotel. The room is on my liking." Gulf even narrated the whole body check up that happened in the hospital, the doctor that was bribed by Dr. Ritz to hide his sexuality managed all of it.

Davika sighed in relief, "Contact me immediately if the results of your tests are out."

Then, the line was cut.

Gulf took out comfortable sleeping wear and headed to the bathroom to take a shower before he slept soundly.

The next three days were spent in leisure, Gulf went on shopping and walked around Times Square.

Then he got a call from Max saying that the results are out and Mr. Johannesburg is coming to personally handle the sperm collecting for the embryo process of IVF.

Gulf suddenly felt nervous. What if Mew Johannesburg found out that he had been fooling them? He needs to get pregnant as soon as possible so he can leave immediately!

Gulf tightly secures his blind wig, he wear his usual outfit, body con dress top with cardigan and boots, and grips his purse before leaving the hotel.

Max has been waiting in the entrance, but Gulf was stunned when he saw someone was already sitting at the back.

It was none other than Mew Johannesburg!

The scumbag is here!

Gulf tried his best not to tremble in mixed emotions.

"Hi, Max... This is?" Gulf pretended that he did not know Mew Johannesburg at all.

"He is my boss, get in so we can go." Max shrugged his shoulder.

Gulf made himself comfortable and closed his eyes. He didn't have any plan on having a conversation with this cold and Aloof man.

They arrived in the hospital earlier than usual, the doctor showed them the result and all of it were satisfactory, then Mew went on a laboratory to get his sperm and donor egg cell was waiting for them to fertilize.

Gulf was asked to lay down on a bed inside the laboratory as well so they could immediately put the embryo in his uterus.
He calmly waits for the process to be done without blurting any words.

***

Mew was done on his part, so he joined Max to wait outside the processing area or whatever the place is called.
He knew that the whole Invitro Fertilization process would take 2 weeks to be done, but Mew didn't know that Gulf pulled some strings from behind to pull the process faster.
Mew thought that this was because of his influence, so he is confident that this is a total success.

"Boss? Are you not planning to go back to the UK?" Max creases his forehead the moment he sees his boss' calm temperament while sitting beside him in the waiting area.

"Nope, I will personally meet the surrogate." Mew said while maintaining his cold expression.

Max shook his head, "That won't do! It's unnecessary. What of this surrogate is a social climber or gold digger, and she will use this opportunity to get close to you so she can have a whole mine of gold? No way!"

"Max, you are exaggerating." Mew rolled his eyes on him.

"I'm just saying the truth," the assistant inwardly scoffs. 'I'm just protecting you!' he added in his mind.

"Do you think I am easy to fool? You really don't know me well the fact that you are my assistant for God knows when already." Now, it's Mew's turn to give an exaggerated sigh.

Max shook his head in defeat. With his boss' temper, he won't win in any argument.

"Fine, stay then." He gave up. Whatever happens, his hands are clean!

The door of the laboratory opens up, and a doctor gets out, "Mr. Johannesburg?"

Mew stood up, "Here!"

"Congratulations, it's a success. The embryo settled well in her uterus. Just take good care of her all through the months of pregnancy until she gave birth."

Mew sighs in relief, he is clearly happy, His heir is coming and his parents will stop nagging him about arranged marriage.

"Thank you for your hard work, Doctor."

"It's my job." The doctor bid goodbye as he went to his office.

He slowly pulled his phone and dialled a number of their director.

"Dr. Ritz? It's done."

"Good job," the man on the other line spoke, "Davika, it's a success."

A shrill scream of happiness was heard, making the doctor smile.

"Thank you, Dr. Smith, we, the Davidsons, will help you all throughout." Davika spoke on behalf of her brother.

"I have a huge debt on your parents. If not for them, I am not what I am today."
Dr. Smith said in a warm tone that he didn't forget how the Davidson couple helped him in his studies. Hence, a small return of favour like this is never a burden to him.

"That would be all, I have to go rounds for my patients. Dr. Ritz, please do take care of Davika."

Dr. Ritz snorted on the line. "You don't have to remind me. Bye!"

He shook his head and got his chart to visit his patients.

***

Gulf was lying quietly in the bed, he has been transferred and asked to stay in bed for the whole night before he will be discharge tomorrow for further checkups.

He heard that the embryo was settled in his womb.

Gulf slowly rubbed his stomach when he heard a faint knock.

He changed his voice into a soft one.
"Come in."

He fixed his wig as well and covered himself well with the blanket.

Max peaks on the door.

"Mr. Max." he nodded at the man.

"Miss Hanna, my boss is here, and he asked for a visit." Max said as he motioned outside the door.

Gulf gulped the lump in his throat. He knew that Mew Johannesburg was a ruthless man. Thus, meeting him face to face drained the courage he had had for a long time. Even the hatred that he feels for the man suddenly evaporates.

Calming himself, Gulf nodded, "Let him in."

Then, Max held the door ajar, and a tall majestic figure of a man wearing an all black three piece suit came in.

Their eyes met, and one pair of eyes showed a total hostility while the other pair showed a dark cold gaze.