Chapter 16

Chapter 16

After his parents went to take a rest, Mew wanted to call Louisiana State Hospital to ask a doctor for an overall check-up for his father, but he called Gulf to ask for an appointment first.

"Hello Babe, How are you? How is Aevin? Did you eat yet?" Mew asked rapidly.

"Wait, wait, wait! One at a time, please, I am fine, Aevin is at home... After I enrolled him, Tul sent him home while I stayed here in my office, and yes... I already ate. How about you?" Gulf managed to answer.

"I'm done too. Anyway can I come to your office later?"

Gulf went silent when he heard his question, but he nodded. Eventhough Mew can not see him, "Sure, come here."

"Alright, anyway, my parents arrived. I am currently asking LSH for a doctor for my father's full body check up, can you recommend me one?" His voice is gentle that almost make Gulf shiver.

"Oh, I knew one! Remember the man beside me back then in the cemetery? Dr. Ritz. He's working now in LSH. I can give him a call." Gulf said with full of enthusiasm.

Mew's face turned black in a sudden flow of jealousy. He knew that Ritz was with Gulf all throughout, and he did not want to be unreasonable.

"Okay, call me once he agrees. See you later?" Mew said.

Gulf smiled on the other line, and that smile turned into a soft giggle, "Alright babe, see you."

Mew almost lost grip on his phone when he heard Gulf call him in that endearment.

"W-what did you call me? Can you repeat it?" he asked again.

Gulf did not want to repeat it, so he decided to act dumb. "Repeat what?"

"Babe!" Mew shouted softly.

"Babe." Gulf mimicked him.

"Again!"

"Babe!"

"Alright, take care of yourself, I will still marry you." Mew said before dropping the call, leaving Gulf, who was still stunned.

'He will marry me? Aaaaakkk! I'm going crazy!' Gulf internally shouted.

***

Mew wanted to smack himself hard. Why does he have to say those words? What if Gulf will be scared at his persuasions? Anyway, he already said it. There's no way he will take it back.

His phone beeped, and a notification popped up, Dr. Ritz agreed.

Mew arranged everything. Naturally, Vena went with them to observe. She had already pulled some strings the moment she found out that LSH is the chosen hospital of Mew.

Being Mrs. Johannesburg is quite a previlage. She must hold this position well until all her plans succeed.

She won't ever go back to her past life, a disfigured and neglected person.

She is Vena Johannesburg. She will die as one.

***

Dr. Ritz has been busy the whole day, and he assisted Mr. Milton Johannesburg, and while doing the tests on the laboratory, he was suddenly called by the hospital director.

Ritz stopped his work and kept his things hidden in his secret vault inside his locker hidden in the laboratory.

"Director, how may I help you?"

The director looked at him from head to toe.

"You just started to be a resident doctor here 3 days ago, and I am afraid to let you handle Mr. Johannesburg, he is a very important person, we can not afford to make a mistake. Hand your outputs to Dr. Smith and let him continue your work in the laboratory." Director Stuart said, and he dismissed him without saying another word.

Ritz felt insulted, he is already halfway through on his tests, and now someone wanted to rob from him.

However he endured, he cannot refute with the reason of the director, it is indeed true that he's just a newcomer here, Then he handed his extra report as what Gulf told him to keep and extra for himself to avoid any scheme.

Ritz secretly proceeded in his tests, and he is actually shocked about the result, Mr. Johannesburg has been poisoned by slow acting medicine.

He hid the results well and sent a message to Gulf about what happened.

'Keep it and watch what will happen next.' Gulf's reply.

Ritz went out of the laboratory, Dr. Smith was there already talking to Mew.

"Mr. Johannesburg has high blood pressure, and he is in a delicate situation. As of now, a cardiac arrest should happen. I wrote some prescriptions here for him."

Mew nodded and looked at the prescription, there's and inkling feeling in him that this was not real.
He looked up and saw Dr. Ritz.

"I was stopped midway by the director saying that I am still a new doctor here and we should avoid any mistakes, I genuinely want to advise Dr. Smith to work well. I'm sorry, Mr. Johannesburg." Dr. Ritz left the two.

Mew caught what he said, and he grimaced. He really hated it when someone made something funny at him.

Well, Gulf is an exception.

Mew dismissed, Dr. Smith and followed Ritz secretly. They stopped in the fire exit.

"I'm doing this for Gulf and Aevin since I wanted them to be happy, and it is only possible with you. I hope that Mr. Johannesburg will investigate the hospital director on who he had a contact to earlier. The condition of your father isn't just a normal high blood pressure. Having him take medication for HBP will shorten his life."

Mew look around, seeing that no one is there, He asked Ritz."What do you mean?"

"Your father has been poisoned. His blood has been filled with it. Someone must have been feeding him arsenic bit by bit."

Mew was flabbergasted.

Who dared to fool him again? Does he really look like he is easy to fool around with?!