Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Mew still felt dejected when he arrived at the DGC building.
The guard stopped him and asked if he had an appointment.

Mew who was already in the bad mood almost wanted to snapped at the guard but the poor guy is just doing his job, on the other hand, Mew is relieved that Gulf was surrounded by trusted and loyal people.

"Of course I had, oh wait, I'll call Gulf myself."

After a few rings, Gulf picked up, "Babe, where are you?"

At first Mew wanted to turn the loud speaker on so everyone in the lobby can hear but he wanted Gulf to keep his privacy, whether they will announce their relationship is all up to what will be Gulf's decision.

"I'm here in the lobby. You didn't tell everyone that I am coming over? They asked me if I had an appointment, and you really have capable people around you." Mew said in a tone like a child reporting a bully.

"I'm sorry, wait... I'll make it up to you, I'm coming down." Gulf said and dropped the call.

At first, he did not want to show off, but now that Mew subtly wanted everyone to know their connection, then he will start it now by fetching Mew in the lobby.

Tul looks at his boss, who excitedly walks to the elevator, even humming a song.

It really feels good to fall in love.

Love, this emotion is quite heavy for Tul. At the thought of the word, a certain image of a man appeared in his mind.

Max.

***

Gulf came down in the lobby, the usual redness of his face due to being shy, the graceful and dainty walk, the tall height, and the curvaceous lean body in his all black suit, obviously attracts attention.

The employees loittering in the lobby greeted him with respect.

"Good afternoon, Sir."

Gulf waved at them with both hands, and a shy smile appeared in his face, making everyone stunned.
"Good afternoon, everyone!"

The employees were stunned for a while, Their boss didn't really smile, and now he's showing such bashful expression like a budding flower!

Mew watched Gulf's every move as he sat in one of the couches in the lobby,
He's wearing a magenta shade three piece suit, the button of the dress shirt in the chest was left open, showing his chiselled muscle.

"Babe!" Gulf exclaimed and ran towards him.

The employees :....

Mew:...

Did Gulf just call him babe in front of his employees? Is this a declaration of being in a relationship with him aside from being a father of his son?

Mew did not move as if he was nailed on the couch.

Gulf waves his hand on his face.
"Are you alright?"

Mew looked around and noticed that someone recognized him and started to take pictures.

"Can I do some security measures?"

Gulf nodded in understanding.

Mew flicked his fingers, and a bunch of men in black barged in.

"Delete the photos that they took. Ask their names and give them compensation."

Seeing Mew's reaction, Gulf felt a kick in his chest, perhaps Mew wanted to keep him a secret thus he doesn't want anyone to know about them that's why he ask his mean to perform security measures?

Seeing his disappointed face, Mew held stood up and held Gulf's waist, earning a series of gasps and whispers from the people around.

"I never felt so single."

"They look good together, aren't they?"

"Yes, look at the exact contrast of aura. One dark and the other blooming, more like a sun and a flower."

"Hey, Mr. Men in black, can you at least save your number so I won't be single anymore?"

Gulf laughed when he heard it, "Looks like one of my employees took a liking on your men."

Mew shrugged as he pulled Gulf to the elevators.
"Let them have a lovelife. They deserve it. Anyway, don't feel bad. The reason why I did that was because I want to reveal you and our son personally. I will hold a press conference soon after I solve my problem."

Gulf felt comforted after hearing this, but he also felt curious about the problem.
"What is it? Care to tell me?"

They get in the CEO'S office, and Gulf lead Mew to sit on the couch.

"Earlier, I called you to recommend a doctor for me, right? Then, after that, when Dr. Ritz was doing the tests, the director called him, and then we talked, and I found out that someone paid the other doctor to fake the results of my father's tests. What's bugging me is who was it? No one knows except for some trusted people and my mom."

Mom.

Mew jolted when he recalled something suspicious.
Could it be?

"What are you thinking?" Gulf did not know how to comfort him. Thus, he just managed to hold Mew's hand and grip it tight.

"A minute, I need to call my PI."

Gulf nodded, and he stood up to rummage the personal fridge in his small pantry and make some food for Mew.

"Agent Xander, can you connect me to your dad? Yes... About the kidnapping case of my mother 10 years ago. I want all the information as soon as possible, even the hospital tests conducted for my mom, I want you to dig it all for me. I'll pay any price you want. Thank you."

Gulf offered him to eat, but he gently pat the side of the couch pulling Gulf to sat beside him, and he slowly shared to Gulf what he had in mind.

Gulf listened attentively. Of course, he wanted to know more about Mew.

Mew clenched his fists, He recalled to Gulf that his mother started to be weird eversince she came back after being kidnapped.

The doctors said that his mother was badly hurt and even lived at the hospital for a month, Time, Mew was 23 years old and currently graduating in his BSBA course.

After his mother recovered, Mew continued to be busy in his studies and directly took masters and PhD. Thus, he was always overseas.

When he was done later on, He took charge of all of their business in Europe while his father remained in Thailand.

In that 5  years after that incident, his mother started to push him towards the Davidsons, especially to Davika, but she was disappointed when Mew rejected her and even went to get a surrogate.

"Do you think that my mom is also weird?" Mew said as he pulled Gulf closer.

Gulf leaned on his shoulder, "I thought so too, but maybe it was caused by PTSD I don't want to judge without personally meeting her... Anyway, I asked Tul to investigate the death of my parents, and I want to show you the footage that the PI took."

Gulf got his laptop and fiddled his fingers on the keys, and later on, a black and white footage played.

Mew wasn't certain, but he saw something on the nape of the man.
His sharp eyes darted closely to the laptop.

"Zoom it on his collar."

Gulf zoomed it. Despite the dark colour, there is indeed something on his nape.

A small tattoo.

"I don't recognize it, how about you?" Gulf grimace.

"A scorpion."

Mew only knew one person who had a scorpion tattoo in the crook of the neck, near the nape, almost reaching the ears.

It was his second uncle!

Impossible!