Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Mew called Fred for a test.

He's not expecting him to answer, but he actually did.

"Uncle, I'm in the airport, where are you?"

Using a binocular, he saw Fred frowned.
"I thought your arrival would be tomorrow?"

"I arrived in advance. Should we meet now?"

Phuket is a 2-hour drive to the city, and Fred frowned again.

"I'll be there, let's meet in the office."

He dropped the call and looked at the woman in the wheelchair.

"Are you still mad at me? You already spent 10 years beside me."

The woman smirked at him, "No matter what, I hated you to death!"

Her voice was still laced with loathing and anger.

"Be good, I'll go back to Bangkok... Obey the nurse and be safe here." Fred leaned down to kiss her forehead, but the woman looked away. His lips landed on the side of her head.

Fred looked at her in a loving gaze before leaving the Villa.

"Follow him and capture him for me, take him to the Island and wait for my arrival." Mew put down the binoculars and walked towards the Villa.

His unhurried steps were soundless.
The woman was facing the dark sea, and some strands of  her long hair  were flying in the sea breeze.

Mew stood beside her, fighting the urge to pull the woman to face him.

"Who are you?" her strange voice was heard.

Mew looks at her, but the woman just looks past him.

Her eyes were open, but she rarely blinks.

She's blind?

Upon looking closely, Mew was faced with the truth...

The woman who looked miserable, blind, scarred, and invalid sitting in the wheelchair was indeed his mother.

"Mom?" Mew managed to say, his voice was breaking, his tone was childish, he sounded like a kid, looking for his mother.

"M-mew? Son... Is that you?" She turned her head in any direction, probably looking for him.

"M-mom... I'm sorry!" Mew get her two hands and put it on his cheeks.
"I'm sorry I failed to notice... I'm sorry I let you suffer."

The real Vena shook her head, "It's not your fault, you were young and busy back then, we rarely saw each other under the circumstances, don't blame yourself. What happened to Alice?"

Hearing the name, Mew gradually calms down, "We need to leave Mom, my men will capture Fred, no matter how skilled he is, my men won't spare him."

Mew carried her to the small boat, and they travelled the distance to the island where the jet was waiting, Mew also took the nurse for additional witness. The housekeeper ran away the moment she saw Mew and his men holding some guns.

The real Vena felt like the torch of hope in her heart had been ignited. She will now finally escape in this hell! Her son came to her rescue... She's finally free.

***

Gulf felt anxious while thinking of Mew and what he was doing in Thailand. He frequently stared at nowhere while his mind wandered around.
This state did not miss the attention of the observant Aevin.

Did his parents have a problem?

"Mama? Are you okay?" He lean closer to Gulf and wave his hand on his face.

Gulf blink many times before smiling warmly at him, "I am okay son, what are you doing?"

"I am painting our family portrait. Is it good, Mama?" Aevin showed him an unfinished sketch.

"Wow, it's amazing... Even unfinished, you can still clearly see the beauty in it." Gulf's praise was exaggerated, but it made Aevin calm after seeing his Mama being responsive again.

"Then I will continue this."

Gulf stayed with him and decided to draw as well. Hence, they spent the rest of their days in peace.

***

Mew and his mother did not wait for too long when Fred was brought over.

He was badly beaten, but some of Mew's men were beaten by him as well.

"Uncle is indeed skilled. You managed to hit my precious subordinates..." Mew clapped in astonishment.

"Nephew, what is the meaning of this?"

"You will know later, I won't narrate here, our journey will be long, I want Uncle to rest well. Don't worry about my mother, I already have her with me." Mew said while he smiled at Fred.

A smile full of loathing and ridicule.

"Uncle was known as a gigolo and outstanding man... I am really buffled that you chose tho scheme like this just to stole someone's wife. And oh, not just someone but your brother. Tsk tsk. So low!" Mew mocked him before he turned around and looked at his men.

"Secure the rope, make sure he won't jump off the plane. We will leave in a few."

Fred felt like the 10 years he spent with Vena were robbed by just a matter of hours.

Cold sweat dripped on his forehead.
He is doomed.