Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Mew was about to sleep when his mother called him.

"Yes, Mom?" He asked even though he already knew what this call was all about.

A blind date or another woman to recommend.

"Son! I heard that Davika has been very sick recently... Why don't you visit her? Where are you now?"

The moment his mother mentioned that name, Mew suddenly became irritated.
She did not even ask if he was alright or if something had happened to him.

"I'm in New York, I visit the surrogate that I found. Congratulations, mom, you will be a grandmother after months." Mew said, his voice full of sarcasm.

"Shut up! Don't give me a grandson made from a test tube! Before you come home, make sure you visit the Davidsons." she snapped before dropping off the call.

Davika was the sickly lady that his mother wanted him to marry, simply because of their wealth.
Davika is sickly and most likely will die early, so her inheritance will be given to Mew once they are married. This is why his mother pushes him to marry Davika, but Mew can not.

His mind simply gave an image of a person he liked. It's Davika's twin... Gulf.

If only his parents were open about his sexuality, merging with the Davidsons isn't really an issue. He would gladly pursue Gulf to be his even though he is snob and aloof.

But, his mother wanted Davika, and Mew does not want her. He doesn't want to get other people's wealth because he can have his own.

Johannesburg Group of Companies grew by his own hands, and there's no reason to get other people's hard earned wealth, but his parents did not understand him.

They always thought about the benefits of having marriage and merging the companies.

If there's another life, he would rather choose poor parents than his parents in this life.

That night, Mew sleeps with Gulf in his mind.

***

Gulf was awakened by his stomach churning. He ran to the bathroom and vomited.

"Ugh, so this is pregnancy." He weakly said while he leaned on the bathroom wall.

He washed his face and stared at the mirror.

He's doing this to give Davika her happiness before her death. This is for his twin and no room for regret.

Gulf then fixes his hair and puts back the hair extensions. He is long-haired again.

He admits that he liked this look, he look beautiful.

Gulf ran his hand on his stomach. There's a life now inside. He must live a healthy life.

He considered cooking, but he does not have enough strength.

The doorbell rang when he came out of his room, thinking it was Max. He opened the door but he was stunned when he saw it was Mew.

"Mr. Johannesburg? It's still so early, what are you doing here?"

Mew looked at him from head to toe, he's wearing an oversized shirt reaching his knees.
And barefoot.

"What are you doing, walking around barefooted? What if you catch a cold? My son will be affected. I brought you breakfast." He pushed Gulf out of the way and went in the kitchen to prepare the food.

Gulf was stunned. What is this man doing? This is not in the contract. He rushed in to reprimand him.

"Mr. Johannesburg, you are defying our contract. You should not be doing this. Please leave."

Mew just gave him a flat look and continued what he was doing.

"Sit and eat." He said while he pulled the chair.

Gulf obeyed, but his stomach reacted again. He ran to the bathroom in the living room to vomit.

Mew followed him with a concern look,
"Are you alright?" his hand moves on its own, rubbing Gulf's back.

Gulf was still weak and di not reply, but in his heart, he was scolding Mew.
'Your entire family is alright!'

Mew helped him to wash his face again, even handing him a towel, but Gulf lost his balance, falling directly on Mew's chest.

Mew was stunned when he felt a soft and warm body, but it is definitely different from a woman's body.

Does Hanna often work out in the gym? He did not feel it at all. Even her chest is surprisingly flat.

Gulf moved fast and stepped back. He's careless.

"Please leave. I feel weak. I want to sleep." he walked to his room and closed the door.

Mew didn't hold him back. Coming here seems like a mistake.

He called Max to find a good restaurant around Brooklyn to buy a nutritious meal suited for pregnant people, then commanded him to come to Hanna's suite.

He needs to return back to Edinburgh.

***

Gulf locked himself in his room and called Davika.

"Davi, Mew Johannesburg is here!"

His sister gasped in the line, "Oh? What was he doing there?"

"He brought breakfast, but I only vomited it, I should leave immediately. I felt like the more he stayed here, the more he would find out about me."

"Then I will ask Tul to prepare your ticket."

Gulf grunted in assent.

He chose his casual shirt and jeans and then got a long overcoat. He took his extra money and phone, and then he left the suite.

When he got out of the building, he got inside the nearest restaurant and got in the bathroom to remove the hair extensions on him. He wears a cap and even leaves the overcoat along with the fake hair in the bathroom's trashbin.

He gets out of the restaurant unnoticed.

He is Gulf Davidson now. He is free to roam around.

His phone beeped in notification along with his plane ticket.

Gulf smiled at his heart, 'Goodbye, Mr. Johannesburg, I will surely take care of your son.'