Chapter 22

Chapter 22

"Good morning..." Gulf was awakened by kisses on his cheek, down to his neck.

Gulf pushed him away, grunting, "Leave me alone, I'm so tired and sore all over."

He pulled the soft comforter to cover himself well and sleep again.

Mew shook his head, he is clearly tired.
He could not stop himself last night. The confession happened was like an engine to his machine. They ended up making love until dawn.

Shaking his head, Mew tapped Gulf's shoulders, "Babe, I'll come back after I cook breakfast, I will check on our son too."

"Go away!" Gulf manage to shout. He's so dead tired that he can not even lift his arm.

Who thought that Mew was a beast in bed?! They started last night in a very gentle way that Gulf enjoyed it very much, but after Mew heard his love confession, he turned out to be an insatiable beast and attacked him last night until dawn thus he cannot move to get up now. He's fuming mad!

Mew sighs helplessly, silently blaming himself that he isn't able to hold back. He left him after a while and went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast.
He heard Aevin talking to his nanny when he was still in the door.

"Nanny, do you think I will have a sister already? Papa and Mama sleep well, and they haven't woke up until now. Should I get ready?" Aevin said and looked at his nanny with sparkling eyes filled with happiness.

"It will take time for your sister to come out, so all you need to do is to be patient and wait. Don't pressure your parents. Here's your scrambled eggs. Eat now." The nanny felt pressure all of a sudden.

Why does it feel like her job is getting difficult these days? Gladly, Aevin is a cute and obedient boy.

"I will ask my parents once they wake up, Nanny is depriving me of information." Aevin pouted at her.

"My little master, I am just your nanny. My knowledge is limited about some things. Please don't make it hard for me."

Aevin nodded, "Okay, I'm sorry, Nanny."

He grabbed his plate and started to eat.

Mew decided to show himself.
"Good morning, my son."

"Good morning, Papa." Aevin jumped down from his high chair and went to kiss Mew.

"Good morning, my baby..." Mew pick him up and put him back to his chair.
"How's your sleep?"

"I sleep well, Papa. Do I have a little sister now?" His innocent eyes looked at Mew with sparks of excitement.

"You have to wait for a couple of months for that. We don't know, son. Continue to eat. I'll cook for your mama." Mew messed his hair and focus on cooking.

"Alright, I will wait."

Mew chuckled a bit. His son is just so cute! He wondered how it would be to have a daughter, and it would surely be wonderful.

Gulf woke up after a while and took time to freshen up to remove his soreness. He walked down the stairs. His unhurried steps were the clear evidence that he was hurting.

Mew saw him and immediately carried him down, "I was about to call you. Why did you come down alone? Are you in pain?"

Gulf held on Mew's nape and snorted. "Glad that you still have conscience to ask me that, this is all because of you! Beast!"

Seeing his Papa carrying his mama, Aevin got worried. He jump down again from his chair and meet them at the kitchen door.

"Mama sick?" his doe eyes reflect his worries.

Gulf slapped Mew on his arm.
"Put me down!"

Since he already promised to himself that from hereon, Gulf's words was the law, he put him down and prepared the food in the table.

"Mama is fine, come let's eat." Gulf comforted Aevin. Thus, his worries dissipated.

The family of three ate while talking and laughing. It's a solemn atmosphere full of love in the air.

Later on, Mew leaves first and insists on taking Aevin with him in his office branch for he has a video conference from his main office in Edinburgh.

Gulf agreed, he is also busy for today, and he always pity Aevin for leaving him at home. At least when classes started, Aevin will have new friends and will be busy at school.

***

"Really? He spent the night in the Davidsons residence?" Vena paced back and forth inside her room.

Max did not allow her to see Milton, and it is worrying her.
Did they find out something?

"Yes, Madame. And one more thing, Gulf Davidson investigated the accident about the death of Alesa and Mitchell. I found out that the PI hired by him got a CCTV footage of the truck before the accident happened."

Vena tried to calm herself.
She should not act on impulse.
Her efforts to reach this far should not be wasted.

"How about Gulf's attitude and demeanour?" she said as she grabbed her bag.

"Gulf is known to be gentle, timid, and silent. He was selfless, especially when it comes to his dead twin, Davika."

"I'll wire you the payment. Continue watching them."

She looked at her reflection again and decided to leave.

"Madame, with all due respect, where are you going?" a chinky looking man asked her, if Vena isn't wrong, this was the man who get inside her husband's room last night.

"Who are you, young man?"

"Liu Glen, people called me Akira." He bowed down.

"Then tell your boss that I'm going out, don't stop me." She smugly said and grabbed the car key.

Two men in black followed but before she could ever react, Liu Glen stopped her.

"Madame must follow the protocol, Boss strictly said to keep our eyes on you, please..." He motioned her to ride the back seat.

Vena stomped her foot, Mew is really a tricky person, she should be more careful. But first things first...
She will meet Gulf and of course, show her support for him and Mew's relationship. She also wanted to meet the kid... To decide if she will keep them alive... Or not.

***

TSAO Yuning as Liu Glen