Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Gulf woke up feeling dizzy, and his body felt uncomfortable.
Seems like the effect of anesthesia had already run out. He felt his belly hurting.

He looked around the room, the whole place is quiet and solemn, he can only hear the sound of the waves hitting the shore.

The door opened, and Davika slowly walked in alongside her nurse.

"You're awake," Davika smiled warmly at him and looked at the nurse, "Hand me the baby, check on him."

Davika sat on the bed beside Gulf, holding the baby close to him.

"He's a bouncing 8 pounds, baby boy, What should we name him?" Davika put the baby on Gulf's free arm, without IV.

"Do you have any suggestions? I want to name him after our mom, Alesa, so he will be called Alexis." Gulf said as he gently squeezed the baby's cheek.

"He really resembled that guy." Davika said while looking intently at the baby, "It would be a big problem if he saw him."

"How can you say that? He's just a baby. He doesn't resemble anyone at times like this, human being changes appearance seven times until their deaths." Gulf wave his hand.

"Is that so? Then I will be relieved. We'll name him Alexis Melvin."

Gulf raised his brow, "Where this name Melvin came from?"

"That's Mew's English name." Davika said as she smiled sweetly.

Gulf shook his head. His twin was still into that man.

"You're thinking about him resembling his father, but you gave him a name that still connects with him. Well then, okay, he is Alexis Melvin."

Davika clapped happily,
"Let's call him Aevin for short."

***

The days went by like whirlwind, on the times that Gulf was still recovering, Davika and Dr. Ritz was with him, helping him with the baby.

As time went by, Davika's body started to deteriorate.
She can not walk anymore and relies on a wheelchair.

According to the latest tests, her body organs started to malfunction.

This put Gulf in pain, but he is helpless.

Witnessing his twin slowly dying day by day is like a torture to him. Gladly, Aevin is like a sunshine to their gloomy life.

The baby helps Davika to stay happy despite that she is already dying.

Each time she looks at the kid, a smile will permanently patch on her pale lips.

"Ritz, tell me why I did not feel any guilt on what I made my twin did years ago." He held on Ritz' hand as they watched the sunset.

6 years ago, he made Gulf make a life changing decision.

To give birth to her.

Ritz held her hand as well and pressed it lovingly.

"It's because you saw how happy Gulf is with Aevin. He's like a ball of sunshine."

"Hmm, he is... Promise me you will take care of them." Davika said as she drew her breath, she's having difficulty breathing at times.

"Of course, Davi... I love you." Ritz said as he leaned and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you for staying by my side even though I can not return your love, Ritz... You are a good person. I hope that you will find someone who will love you in return."

Ritz did not say anything. He just wished that Davika would depart in peace.

"Mommy!" Aevin, run to them.

Davika raises her eyes and looks at the child.

"Baby, come here..."

Aevin stands in front of her. "Mommy is okay?"

"Yes... Mommy is fine, I want you to promise me that no matter what happens, you will take care of Mama well, don't let him cry and protect him."

Aevin nodded, "I promise."

Davika held his little hand and kissed him.
She witnessed this child grow up, and she did not regret it.

"Ritz, I am tired. I want to lie down."

Ritz nodded and pushed the wheelchair back to the beach house.

He secretly sent a message to Gulf, saying that Davika might leave soon.

Gulf read it and went inside her room."My lovely twin,"

"Brother..." Davika said in a soft voice, almost inaudible.
"I want you to bury me beside our parents."

Gulf stifled the sob in his throat. "Davi..."

"Silly, we are already waiting for this moment, I want to thank you... For everything you did for me since we were young. Take care of yourself and Aevin. If ever Mew Johannesburg wanted you two to be together, don't hesitate. I want you to be happy."

"Stop saying nonsense about that man." Gulf held her hands tight.
"I love you."

Davika held his hands as well.
"Take care of Aevin. I love you both. I am sleepy."

Gulf tucks her to bed and fixes the comforter.

He stayed beside Davika, and he noticed right before his eyes were that she hitched her last breath.

Ritz, who was standing beside them, checked her vitals.

"Time of death, 8:18pm. My heartfelt condolences." His voice shook, hiding the pain he felt.

Gulf held his arm. "It's okay... You can cry."

Ritz nodded and hugged Davika tight.
This will be their last hug that he can still feel her body warmth. He wished that Davika would rest in peace.