Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Seeing his mom being covered by a white sheet, Aevin frowned.

"Mama, is Momny sleeping? Why do those men cover her? Where will they take Mommy away?" He asked while looking at Gulf. His innocent eyes make his heart tremble.

"Mommy is sleeping, but she will not wake up again... I already thought you about human anatomy. Remember when I told you that once the heart loses its function, a human will die? The same is true with the human brain... Remember, Momny has heart disease?" Gulf slowly said while caressing his hair.

"So mommy is dead? She won't come back again?" After saying these words, reality struck little Aevin. His mommy is dead. Tears started to seep on his eyes.

His mommy is a wonderful woman, ever since she always smiles at him, talks to him, and takes care of him.
Aevin also witnessed each time her sickness attacked, His Mommy Davi would always smile at him as assurance that she was alright.

"Yes, Mommy is dead, but she will never be forgotten... We will always remember her. Come let the men pass."

Gulf and Aevin watched as the men from a local funeral home took her twin's body away, Ritz was with them to give further instructions.

They will cremate her and take her ashes back to Louisiana 3 days from now.

"Let's go and pack our things. We will leave after 3 days."

Gulf and Aevin packed their belongings, and he decided to leave Davika's things in her room along with her memories.

This beach house will be vacant soon, he will hold a funeral in Louisiana when they reach there.

After all, Davika was still a daughter of a wealthy family, Gulf knows that this will probably attract Mew's attention, but he is not afraid.

He did not regret making his twin happy until she died. If facing Mew Johannesburg's anger is the consequence, Gulf is willing to accept it.

"Mama, I remembered Mommy gave me this book yesterday when I came to play with her." Aevin handed Gulf a notebook about 5x9 in size. It's quite thick.

Gulf accepts it and flips the book open.

"Davika's Diary"

A perfect calligraphy met his eyes.

Davika is talented, despite of her illness, she's very intelligent. She stayed behind the scene, being Gulf's guide when he managed their business when their parents died.

Gulf flipped a random page, and he read it.

"I saw Mew Johannesburg today, he is so handsome, I noticed him looking at my twin, his eyes is expressive that it almost shouts his feelings for my brother, but sadly my brother did not see him, I heard his mother complimented me and asked my mom if I am willing to be Mew's wife..."

Gulf blink, feeling a strange emotion in his heart. He flipped another random page again.

"Gulf came back after he successfully made my death wish, he is now pregnant and guess what dear diary, I always saw him looking from a far with the same familiar emotion I saw in Mew Johannesburg's eyes. Do you think he liked him?"

Gulf felt a warm liquid seeped his eyes.
He brushed it away and flipped the page on the last part of the diary.

It was dated yesterday.

"I felt that my end is near... I was selfish for many years, making Gulf feel guilty, though there's no need for him to feel that way because it was my fate to be born in this world just to die for my illness... I hope and pray that Mew Johannesburg will forgive him... "

"MY twin, thank you for everything, for the sacrifices since we were young, for keeping me safe and happy, if not for you, I won't last until 30 years old. Please be happy... Take care of Aevin. I love you both."

"Tell Ritz that the reason I can not reciprocate his feelings is because I don't want to leave him alone in this world, lonely without me. It's better to reject him so he can move on easily."

Love, Davi ❤️

***

Gulf moved to wipe his tears away, but Aevin did it for him. His little hands gently caressed his face, wiping the droplets of tears away.

"Mama, don't cry." his red eyes and his croaked voice made Gulf feel more sad.

"Baby, come give Mama a hug."

Eversince Aevin grew up, Gulf did not hear him and asked where his father was.
He was contented with His Mommy, Mama, and Uncle Ritz beside him.

Gulf wondered, does this kid really don't have any interest in looking where his father is?

"Let's sleep, Uncle Ritz will come back later, and we will settle our remaining important matters before we leave."
Gulf tucked him to bed.

***

EDINBURGH UK

"Boss, we found out that Tul booked a ticket back to Louisiana. 3 days from now." The PI said the moment Mew picked up his call.

"Great news. After 6 fucking years... He will be back," He ended the call and face Max.
"Say Max, you think my son will look like me?"

Max smirk, "I'm not sure about that boss,"

Mew throw  a folder at him.
"If you're not sure, scram! Oh wait... Prepare our plane. I want to go to Louisiana."

Gulf Davidson, you owe me a payment for fooling me.