Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Mew came just in time, he heard his mother blabbers about these things, and he felt disappointed.

Awhile ago, Xander Kirigun gave him the initial report and he just look at it and noticed something unusual, but Glen called him saying that his mother visited Gulf and now when he arrived he heard her paying Gulf to stay away from him.

Vena immediately turned pale when she saw him.

"Son, I... I—" She stuttered, trying to find reasons, but she failed.

Mew glared at her again, and then he turned to Glen.
"Take Madame home and don't let her leave again."

Glen ushered Vena out, "Madame, please."

Vena glared at Gulf for the last time and stomped her foot before she left.

When she arrived, Glen immediately locked the doors from the inside as per Mew's orders.

Vena felt something was really not right. She ran upstairs only to find out that Milton wasn't there. His clothes and other necessities are also gone.

Vena went mad, and she threw all the vases, ashtrays, and any things she saw.

Vena calmed down after venting her anger.

She grabbed her phone and called someone.

"I can not control him. He's locking me up now. He even took his father away. What should I do?" her frantic shout echoed the room.

"Stay there and be obedient. Else, they will find out that you instigated everything, Alice... If that time comes, you will be in danger."

Hearing the name, she shivered. She doesn't want to hear that again.

She has been known and accustomed to calling herself Madame Vena Johannesburg.

"Then how about that woman?" Her quivering voice resounded again.

"No need for you to care for her, You already know that I loved her since then, if not for your help 10 years ago, I will not have her now. I'm only helping you because of her. Alice, you must not let them find out."

"You're not planning on helping me?!" She screamed again in frustration.

"Alice, are you mad? I already helped you eliminate Alesa and Mitchell. You already had Milton beside you and indulged in his affection and wealth for 10 years. You built connections for yourself. You should put it on use now."
The man on the line said sternly.

"But Milton's son is now investigating! Even Alesa and Mitchell's son, and I heard that they found out a footage of a different man driving the truck before it arrived in the accident area. Fred, You are going down with me once I fail. Remember that!" Her voice laced with warning.

"Come what may." The only words he said before she heard a busy tone.

In frustration, She ended up throwing things in sight.

The once lively Johannesburg mansion became a cage for her.

***

Back in Gulf's office

"Did she say anything else?" Mew reach out and hugged Gulf tightly.

"I thought you heard a lot?" Gulf smiled at him as he looked up at his gloomy and dark face.
"Why are you here? Don't you have any work?"

"I was talking to Agent Kirigun when Glen notified me about Mom, so I cane here in a hurry." Mew rubbed his hair.

Gulf wiggled away from Mew's arms.
"Oh, is it about the investigation?"

Mew nodded, "Yes, It seems that my mother played a big role, or she's the main person who poisoned my father."

Gulf shivered on that, "Why was that? Your mother clearly loves your father. They treated each other well back then when I saw them visit our home."

"Mom changed big time after she got kidnapped 10 years ago." Mew started to recall the report when his phone beeped.

Gulf hit his chest, "It might be important. Check it."

Mew nodded and swiped his phone. It was a recording footage of his mother wrecking havoc in their home. Max sent it to him.

His didn't know that they installed state of the art surveillance cameras inside to monitor her. Even her voice was clearly recorded, and the man she was talking to was heard as well.

Gulf watched alongside Mew.

"Alice, are you mad? I already helped you eliminate Alesa and Mitchell. You already had Milton beside you, and you indulged in his affection and wealth for 10 years. You built connections for yourself. You should put it on use now."

When Gulf heard this, his face turned pale.

Alesa and Mitchell.

That's his parents! Vena Johannesburg was behind their death?!

Gulf looked at Mew, his lips opened and closed in shock.

What the hell did he just hear?

Mew's brows furrowed as well.

"But Milton's son is now investigating! Even Alesa and Mitchell's son, and I heard that they found out a footage of a different man driving the truck before it arrived in the accident area. Fred, You are going down with me once I fail. Remember that!"

Mew's body stilled. He looked at Gulf and motioned his laptop.

"Show me the footage."

Gulf directly got his laptop and found it. He showed it to Mew, and right at  that moment, he commented that dots.

"Let's go meet Dad. I have a lot of questions for him." Mew grabbed Gulf's hand and dragged him gently to the parking lot.

"Babe? What's happening? Is your mother really connected to the death of my parents? Is she the mastermind?" Gulf heard it himself, but he can not process it. It seems like his brain was racked. "Why would she do that? I remembered my parents and yours has had a beautiful friendship since university days."

Mew shook his head,
"Most likely, she's not my mother. I failed to notice the changes because I was busy back then."

Gulf was too shocked to even think.
"Then..."

Mew reached out to hold his hand, "No matter what, I will help you get justice on your parents' death."

Mew focus on driving. Later on, they'll probably arrive in one of the most prestigious condominiums in New Orleans.