Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Seeing Vena did not make any fuss after she commanded the driver to go straight to Davidsons Group building, Liu Glen immediately notified Mew via text message and followed her.

When they reached, Vena got out of the car in her regal bearing, her whole existence screams regality and elegance thus people in the lobby did not tear off their sight on her, which made her even more proud.

The guard in the entrance was left in a daze, so Vena reached the receptionist smoothly.

"Is CEO Davidson available now? I want to talk to him." Her voice is either loud or soft, making everyone stare at her.

"Oh! I know her, she's the mother of Mr. Johannesburg, who came here yesterday." Someone said.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but do you have an appointment?" the receptionist kindly asked.

Vena raises her brow and taunts her, "I guessed you don’t know me. I am Madame Vena Johannesburg. Tell me if your boss is here so I will go up and meet him!"

The receptionist was baffled, as if this Madame's name screams authority that by saying her name, she doesn't need to have any appointments and meet anyone she wanted.

The receptionist wanted to reprimand her, Even the state governor of Louisiana, who met her boss, got an appointment! This madame surely had the audacity.

Instead of forgetting her work ethic, the receptionist maintained her smile and did not falter, "Wait for a while, Madame."

She lifted up the intercom and dialled Gulf's assistant.

"Mr. Tul? A woman named Madame Vena Johannesburg wanted to meet Boss." She listened for a while and nodded,
"Alright."

"You may go use the VIP elevator, Madame." she pointed the elevators.

Vena rolled her eyes at her and walked towards the elevator, Liu Glen followed her.

***

Gulf was stunned when Tul informed him that Mew's mother was coming.

"I saw the CCTV, she's harassing the receptionist and base on her posture, she won't leave even if you are unable to meet her." Tul explains.

"It's fine... tell the receptionist to let her come up, you can go continue your work." Gulf dismissed him and got ready. He got his compact mirror and checked his appearance.

Seeing that he looked alright, he sat down firmly on his swivel chair, not bothering to get up even though the door was pushed open.

Vena strides in, looking directly at Gulf as she sits on the visitor's chair in front of his desk.

"To whom did I owe this visit, Madame?"

Eversince Gulf heard from Mew that this woman is acting weird. A sense of hostility was formed in him.
He did not stop himself in acting sarcastic. He remembered as well that this woman used to isolate him before and was only giving Davika the attention.

Vena also heard a faint tone of sarcasm in his voice.

"I just wanted to visit the runaway surrogate of my son. Where's my grandson? Why haven't we met her yet? His grandfather is sick, and he deserves to meet his grandson." She said in a gentle tone like a doting grandmother who yearn for her grandson.

Gulf knew that Vena might investigated about that matter because Mew was descreet when the surrogacy was on the process back then, he wanted to gag, the moment he saw her entered his office, he does not have a good feeling with this woman.

"Oh, it's up for Mew to decide, Madame." Gulf said nonchalantly.

"Then, let's talk about custody, since you were the posing fake runaway surrogate. If we bring this issue to the court, you will be in jail." The warning in her voice was evident, but Gulf didn't show any fear.

"Madame, don't beat around the bush. What brought you here in my lair?" He smirked at her.

"Stay away from my son. Don't involve yourself in our family. I don't want him to be associated with abnormal people like you."

Hearing the word abnormal, Gulf was stunned.

He remembered that Vena and Alesa, his mother, were once close friends. That's why they wanted to set Mew and Davika to get married back then. So there's a possibility that Vena was aware of him, capable of giving birth.

"This abnormal person gave birth to the grandson that you wanted to meet, and last night, maybe..." Gulf paused for a while and rubbed his stomach.

A clear message to Vena that something had happened between him and Mew.

Vena immediately turns red in anger.
She originally came here to talk to her, but when she saw his face, it reminded him of how Alesa had betrayed her back then. Thus, her plan turned 360 degrees.
At first, she wanted to have Gulf on her side, but after seeing his face, that reminded her of the bitter past, she was mad!

She rummaged her bag and pulled out a thick cheque book.
Scribble something on it and hand it to Gulf.

"Leave my son and give us our grandson."

Gulf accepted, and he looked at it, "Madame is quite generous, 100 million dollars? I don't remember myself being this cheap."

Cheap?! Vena wanted to scratch his face in anger.

Gulf smirked at her, seeing her pale appearance, "My yearly dividends from my investments and businesses all over the world is more or less 10 billion. What should I do with this 100 million? Please take it back and leave this place. Next time... I won't be polite."

"Then I will see you in court, I will sue you for falsified information and stealing."

Gulf laughs out loud. Is this really Mew's mother? How does a brilliant man like him have a mother like this?

"Do you have evidence that it was me? Who am I? Everyone in the corporate world knows me as the heir of Davidson Group of Companies... Who will believe you then? It's your words against mine. Madame should think twice before doing anything that can lead to your downfall."

Instead of being flustered, Vena chose to laugh,"You are indeed Alesa's child."

There was a hidden meaning on her tone, and Gulf was taken back.

He clearly knows that Mew's parents and his parents were friends, and her mother even wanted Davika to marry Mew as well back then.
Gulf was sure that he heard a certain emotion in her tone.

Anger? Loathing?

"Madame had any enmity with my parents? Since they died, I didn't remember that you visited... Could it be?" Gulf smirked at her. His suspicion is growing.

"Nonsense! I was there and your sister was the one who ushered me. I don't want to waste my time with you. Take the money and leave my son alone."
She said and got her bag to leave, but she was stopped by a bulky and masculine figure standing on the door.

Mew glared at her with hawk-like eyes,
"Mom, I thought I grew up watching you with elegance. How did you sort to this cliché and cheap way of pulling us apart?"