Chapter 28

Chapter 28

The next day, Gulf received a call from Max saying that Mew had already arrived and was preparing for a grand reunion of the culprits.

After he got ready, Max arrived to fetch him, Gulf could not stop himself from worrying. This is for the death of his parents. This is for justice.

When they arrived at the Johannesburg mansion, Gulf could clearly hear a woman shouting.

Alice has been tied in a single chair. Beside her is the unconscious Fred who was tied as well.

"Ahhhh! There's a monster here! Guards! Take this woman away! Who let her in?! I will definitely fire you all!"

A mellow laugh resounded, "You really had the ability. You lived your life as Madame Vena Johannesburg, how was it? Are you satisfied? Does it feel good to be superior? Did you satisfy your greed on my husband?"

Gulf looked on the side, and he saw a woman with a horrible face and eyes that seemed lifeless... Her voice is weird as well.

When Alice heard it, she already had an idea who it was, but her sanity had already plummeted down.

"What are you talking about?! I am Vena Johannesburg! You're an impostor!"

Mew's mother laughs mockingly, "Yes, in your dreams."

Gulf attempted to step back, but Mew caught him.

"Mom, remember Gulf? He's the son of Alesa and Mitchell." Mew walked towards The real Vena, making the fake one frowned.

"What are you doing?! I am your mother! Mew! You must not believe that woman! She'd a schemer!" Alice shouted again. She's so agitated that she felt like her entire face would fall off.

"Oh, relax... Your plastic surgeon spent his hard work copying my face. Despite imperfect, you covered it with makeup well." Mew mocked her.

Alice was taken a back. She's already found out, what's the use of covering is.

"Since you already find out, what do you want to know?" Her calmness is strange.

Mew glance at the phone he's holding. His father is in the other line, listening. They did not let him come here. He's not still recovering and now quite on relapse.

"Tell us everything, don't even try to miss any details." Mew said, and he motioned one of his men to splash water on Fred to wake him up.

Fred was startled by the coldness, and he abruptly looked up.

He was surrounded by men, but his eyes landed on Vena, who was sitting in the wheelchair.

"Vee, are you alright?"

Vena chuckled, "Better than ever, remember each time I told you, my son will surely come for me... And look, it did happen."

Fred looked down again. His expression was unfathomable.

"Start storytelling now." Gulf demanded at Alice, who looked like Vena.

"It was all started back when I was set to marry Milton Johannesburg... Our engagement was an uproar back then in Bangkok, Me... As an only daughter of the Davidsons, held by my parent's palm.. I was spoiled, pampered, and treated as a princess... I was close to my brother, Mitchell Davidson, while Milton Johannesburg was a budding gentleman and was known in his field. I liked him since university days... We went to the same school, Stanford. My brother was Milton's best friend. I know that he was only doing it because of his parents and, of course, because of his best friend, my brother. Despite that, I was positive that Milton would learn to love me once we get married and be husband and wife. But all changed when he went to Edinburgh for a business trip. After that, he rarely visits me. He often goes back and forth to Edinburgh, and eventually, he cancelled our engagement. Imagine how hurt I was? I was broken."

Vena scoffed,"Milton did not lead you on. You hoped!"

Alice laugh bitterly, "I know, I hoped because I loved him... I seek help to Alesa, my brother's fiancé back then, but I was slapped by the truth that I was adopted... My parents just randomly chose me from the orphanage because my mother wanted a baby girl, but she isn't capable of giving birth again... I ran away after that.. I hid after the engagement was cancelled. I seek refuge to Fred, who liked Vena since then. I started to deviced schemes to pull you down... I wanted to destroy Vena's face when I got the opportunity, but Alesa found out my plan. The acid I was holding was thrown on my own face... So when I returned, I killed them both after I recovered. Now Gulf, isn't it just good that I killed them in a rush way? They didn't feel the pain I felt when that acid splashed on my face."

Gulf was stunned. So that's what happened.
"You are insane!"

"Alesa did not mean it, but she opened another opportunity for me." Alice laugh out loud. "What she did back then helped me to start my plan... Fred helped me deviced a kidnapping scene, and I vented my anger on Vena. Look at her! Pitiful, right? That's what she gets from stealing my man! And Alesa! Hahahah... Isn't she dead? That's what she gets from helping an outsider, instead of me, her sister in law! And that Mitchell, a hen-pecked man, I loathed him."
Alice said and laughed like a total crazy.

"Fred was obsessed with Vena to the extent that he let me used him to be a hand to kill Alesa and Mitchell, so I can vent my anger in return, I will help him to get Vena... So I replaced her."

Gulf didn't stop himself this time. His big palm landed on Alice's face left and right, leaving a handprint from that strong slapped.

"You're evil!"

Alice smiled at Gulf,
"Not really, Fred was far more evil than me. Look at Vena... Fred disfigured her and blinded her so she would stay by his side and be dependent on him and, of course, love him in the end, but what happened now, Fred? You failed!"
Then she laughed out loud.

After hearing that, Mew throws a punch on Fred's face, punch after ouch until Fred's face swells like a pig's head.