Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Vena Johannesburg waited for his son to come home, but to her surprise, Max barged in with ten men in black behind him.

"Good evening, Madame." They greeted her in unison.

Back then, when she wasn't accustomed to this treatment, she was always overwhelmed being respected, bowed, and called as Madame.
But now seeing Max here, completely disrupting her plans for tonight, behind him were men with guns. Her face contorted in disapproval.

"What's the meaning of this, Max?"

She knew Max. He was with Mew since 10 years ago or more.
His father was the main butler of the Johannesburg family, and when he died, Max chose to follow Mew instead of Milton.

"There's no other meaning Madame, since Master is sick, and Boss isn't around, it's my job to accompany you. Also, it is one of the  doctors' order to let Master sleep alone to avoid stress." Max bowed with elegance.

He clearly understood his task to arrange everything and separate the couple until Mew comes back doing his father/husband duties to his little family.

"Is that so?" Vena looks suspicious. It is unusual for Mew to hand Max to them like this, Max was like his tail, always following him around.
"Where is my son?"

"Boss has important matter to attend to, Madame." Max continued to act polite.

"Important than us, his parents?" she probed again, almost snapping in anger.

"I don't have any right to say anything related to family matters, Madame. I came here in peace to do my job." Max bow again and look back, "Glenn, and check Master, make sure he rest well."

Glenn was one of their subordinates who masters Asian medicine.

Vena was startled when a sturdy man got inside the master's bedroom. Thus, she shouted, "Max! How dare you send some stranger inside the Master's room?!"

"I'm just doing my duty." Max looks back again and points the two bulky men, "The two of you guard the door. No one should be able to get in once Glenn gets out. If anyone resisted, shoot to kill."

Vena's face turned into various shades of colours. She felt like her insides would burst in anger. She did not know what to say. Hence, she angrily pointed Max,

"Y-you—!"

"The rest of you take turns to stay awake for the night." Max did not pay her any heed at all. His respect only belongs to Mew.

"I hope Madame will stay put for the night and wait for Boss, and I suggest Madame to rest, The guestroom is ready." Max bowed at her for the last time, and he went out.

He should call his boss to report.

***

While Max was stressing out in his duties, Mew is leisurely cooking in the kitchen with Gulf and Aevin.

The family of three cook Fettuccine pasta.

Aevin insisted on watching the boiling pasta, sitting in the Island counter, while Gulf made the sauce, and Mew is grilling the chicken breasts in the pan.

"I want us to do this once a week, like a bonding moment, what do you think?" Mew smiled warmly.

Gulf nodded, full of enthusiasm.
"Yes, we should do this."

"Papa! It smells so good." Aevin, as a kid... He really loves food. especially now that it's his Papa cooking for them.

"Little Aevin, make sure you eat well so Papa will cook for you more in the future." Mew smiled at him.

The househelps who were chased away from the kitchen :....

They stole a look at the messy kitchen.
It's gonna be a tough job.

After the final touches, the dinner is perfectly done, and the three ate in their hearts content.

Gulf leisurely tasted the food. The creamy taste is on point! He can not believe that a dominant CEO of A Multi Billion company can actually cook!
And it was delicious.

He really caught a big, fat fish!

After they ate, the three settled on the theatre room and watched movies with Aevin.

Of course, it's a movie for kids.

Moana is Aevin's favourite Disney movie.
He even sang along in Maui's scene.
Such a cute kid needed to be treasured and protected.

Halfway through the movie, Mew remembered his phone. He turned it silent when they arrived here to avoid interruption.

"Babe, Max has been calling me, I will call him back." Mew whispered to Gulf and kissed his cheek.
Then he whispered to Aevin, "Papa will have a call, continue watching."

He went out to the porch and called Max.

"Boss! You finally remembered me!" his exaggerated loud voice almost turned Mew into deaf.

"How's the situation?" Mew asked, he's worried for his father.

"Everything was arranged as you ordered."

"Good," Mew felt relief.
"How about Dr. Ritz?"

Mew also instructed Max to secretly talk to Dr. Ritz, asking him if he can or he is able to make a cure for his father, in exchange Mew will help him settle in one of the prestigious hospitals in Europe.

"He said he will personally make medicine for Master, I can't believe that Sir Gulf's friend is so capable. Aside from being a surgeon, he's also a chemist." Max said, his voice filled with admiration.

Mew smirked, of course Dr. Ritz will agree. Who will reject such an offer from him.

"You seemed to be admiring him a lot?" Mew snorted, 'I'm your boss and a doctor too!'

"Of course, boss, a person like him is really worth admiring. Anyway, Madame is really scary. She is thrashing around and wants to be forced to get in the Master's bedroom. And oh! I notice that even if she's very angry, she controls her facial expression. I remembered Madame got disfigured before and went surgery to fix her face back to its original form?"

Mew clearly knew this, the operation lasted for 15 hours, and the doctor said even her vocal chords were affected. Thus, they expected a change of her voice as well.

The police found her mother after being kidnapped for almost a month in a dirty alley, and she's bleeding profusely.

According to the initial investigation, she was targeted by a group of bandits.

"Yes, and how about Agent Kirigun?" Mew reminded him.

Though he just asked Xander a while ago, he knew that Kirigun Security Agencies are compatible and capable in gathering information for their clients.
It won't take long for them to unravel the truth.

"No news from him," Max said.

"Alright, stay there and keep watch." Mew dropped the call without waiting for his answer.

"Boss, I deserve a bonus! Boss? Boss?" Max called out, but busy tone greeted his ears.

Max stomped his feet in annoyance.
His bonus is gone with the wind!