Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Gulf is busy in his office when Tul arrives, He handed him a file from the private investigator that Gulf had hired.
He asked Tul to lead the investigation to avoid ruckus.

Gulf felt that the death of his parents was not just a simple accident.

"This is the latest report from the PI." Tul said as he sat in front of Gulf.

"So, the driver of the ten-wheeler truck did not die at the accident?"

The accident happened near a secluded area, far from the city.

Gulf's parents were driving back to their ranch house when their car was hit by a truck, which was later concluded by the police as an accident. The driver of the truck was drunk, and he was also confirmed dead on the spot.

"Nope, according to the CCTV footage that the PI got from the truck company on the same day the accident happened, the driver was bulky, tall and muscular, while the dead body of the driver found in the scene was petite and thin, almost skin and bones and later on, The PI investigated further that it was one of the prisoners in the city jail who escaped. He is thinking that it was two people who were in the truck, He's still working on finding out who the mastermind is."

Gulf closed his eyes and digested everything.

Their lives were good, they were complete and happy, that time their only worries was Davika and her weak health but now, Gulf suddenly felt that he was alone.

He is thankful for Davika for pushing him to give birth to Aevin, even in the wrong way. At least he still has his son. His only family.

"Tell the PI to take his time and don't let him feel the pressure... We will soon find out the truth. There's no fire without smoke." Gulf handed him back the file.

"Yes, boss, I'll wire him the payment as well, and also... Mr. Johannesburg asked for an appointment. If possible, he wanted to visit here to meet Aevin." Tul said, wondering how the meeting would be.

"Confirm it. Tonight at 6 pm, dinner time." Gulf said, and he focused on his work.

He has a lot of paperwork to do.
Davidsons Group of Companies main branch is located in New Orleans.
The 30-storey building consists of many different offices.

"What do you think is the favourite food of Mew Johannesburg?" Gulf wondered.

"Eh?" Tul was caught off guard.

"Aevin loves T-bone steak, stir-fried asparagus, and mashed potatoes. Should I make it for dinner tonight?" Gulf said again, more like talking to himself.

Even though Aevin is almost 6 years old, Gulf allows him to eat heavy proteins, and his son loves any meat.

Tul shook his head, "Ahm, Boss... Whatever you want to cook surely tastes good."

"Thank you, Tul. You can leave too. Oh, look at the time. I need to go home and talk to Aevin first."

Gulf left earlier than usual. He went to a supermarket and bought some ingredients.

Aevin loves his cooking, and each time he has free time, Gulf cooked for his son.

When he arrived at their mansion, Aevin is busy painting in the living room, he is looking messy at the paint smudge in his cute little face.

"Baby! I'm home!"

"Mama!" Aevin dropped the brush and was about to hug and kiss him when he recalled that he is covered with paints.
He instead blew a flying kiss to Gulf.

"How's your work, Mama? Tired?" He asked Gulf while helping his nanny to clean up his mess.

"I'm alright, darling, anyway... Go and take a bath, then we will talk about something really important." He messed Aevin's hair.

"Important? About what Mama?" his eyes darted at him, full of curiosity.

"You will know later, go... I'll prepare the dinner." Gulf chuckled at him, and he went to the kitchen to put the things, and he hurried to his room to change for house clothes.

After a few minutes, while Gulf was preparing for the mashed potatoes, Aevin came in the kitchen looking fresh and clean.

Gulf settled him on a high chair.

"What is the important matter to talk about, Mama?" Aevin eagerly asked. Deep inside, he is really agitated if it is about his father.

When he saw the man in the cemetery, he had an inkling feeling, but he did not dare to voice it out to his Mama.

Gulf saw his eagerness, and he smiled warmly.

"I'm sorry baby, I know you are sensible since then you did not ask about your father... I'm sorry that you grew up without him."

Seeing his Mama sad, Aevin got sad as well, "I understand Mama, that's why I did not dare to ask."

"You are indeed a good child. Do you want to meet your father?" Gulf slowly asks while his eyes fixated on Aevin's face.

He did not miss the excitement in his sparkling eyes.

"Y-yes!" Aevin controlled himself to not be too excited. He does not want his Mama to feel that he doesn't love him anymore because he will meet his father.

"When you grow up a bit, I will carefully explain everything to you... But for now... Mama knows that you are still young for adult matters." Gulf holds Aevin's hand lovingly.

Aevin nodded, "I understand... Mama, Aevin won't ask anything... I understand."

Gulf felt his heart torn into pieces, seeing him so understanding despite his young age.

"Good, my Aevin is the most sensible. Come help Mama to cook."

The two then got busy in the kitchen.

***

When Mew got notified by Max that Gulf confirmed his appointment and even invited him for dinner in Davidson Mansion, He got excited.

He will meet his son again, but now, as a father.

"Are the gifts ready?" Mew fixed his tie.

Max pointed the back of the car.
"All prepared."

"Good, let's go." Mew rode on the back, as usual they were followed by convoy of bodyguards.

"Anyway, Boss, the PI said that Gulf Davidson's assistant hired him about the death of his parents. He found out that it wasn't an accident but a pre-meditated murder."

"Help him to get through everything, offer him our assistance, and also put some security for Gulf and my son, secretly. If his parents' death wasn't an accident, then the culprit would be planning for another attack."

Max nodded, "Alright."

Mew did not pay him any heed again. His mind already flew to meet his son, and of course... The mother of his son.