Chapter 10: We need to talk.

Luna spent the next few days thinking about what happened at the park. She couldn't take these mixed signals anymore; it was fucking with her head. What the fuck did Chris want from her?

She'd been distant with Matt lately as well, she knows he's noticed. He's asked her if everything's okay several times, she just lied and said work was getting on top of her. He could tell she wasn't being truthful though, ever since the anniversary of her Dads death she'd been different. Every time he came near her she moved away and every time he did touch her she just shrugged him off.

They were both glad that last night he had gone away for a week with work. Matt hoped some time apart would help them reconnect when he got back. And Luna desperately needed some space from him, some time to try and sort her head out.

She couldn't stop thinking about Chris.

She was currently sat on her sofa at home, just staring at the blank TV. Thinking about him. She'd had enough of this shit, she wanted answers and she wanted them now. Pulling out her phone she brought up her text thread with Scott, she began to type out some bullshit message about how Matt had asked her to return some books of Chris's while he was away but hadn't left an address and she couldn't get hold of him. About a minute later her phone pinged with a reply from Scott.

Twenty minutes later she found herself parked at the end of Chris's long drive way. Of course it was gated so she had to press the intercom. His voice came through the machine a few seconds later, "Hello?"

"It's Luna, we need to talk"

Chris was shocked when he heard her voice; he didn't reply he just buzzed the gate to let her in. He watched out of the window as her car headlights lit up the dark drive way and then she parked up and made her way to the door.

Chris opened the door before Luna got to it. Immediately he noticed her appearance. She was wearing grey sweats with a white strappy crop top that perfectly showed off her cleavage, paired with a white chunky knit cardigan. Her long hair wasn't in its usual tamed curls, instead they were slightly wild and looser like she'd not long washed it. She really was a vision of beauty.

Luna was also taking in Chris's appearance, he was too wearing grey sweats with a white T shirt, obviously two small for him. She didn't miss how his muscles flexed as he crossed his arms in front of his chest. His hair was messy and untamed instead of its usual styled back look.

She stopped at the porch steps. They both stood there for a few moments, just staring at one another, before Chris broke the silence, "you gonna come in or are we doing this out here?"

Luna finally found the strength to move her feet and climbed the porch steps as he moved to the side to let her in. Chris closed the door behind them before guiding her towards his sitting room.

Luna looked around the room, noticing this was decorated much better than his LA home, this seemed more homely, more him. She took a seat on his cream sofa as he sat across from her on the one opposite.

"These sofa's are a lot nicer than those other fucking ugly ones" she broke the silence with a laugh, she watched as Chris's lips curled up in to a smile and he let out a small chuckle. Just then Luna heard little footsteps against the wood floor before Dodger appeared at her feet. "Hey buddy" she cooed, scratching behind his ears, the spot he loved so much.

Chris watched the two interact and as much as he was loving it. He was confused as to why she was here.

"Why are you here Luna" he asked as she turned to look at him, "also how did you know where I lived?"

"I asked Scott"

"Why?'

"Like I said we need to talk"

"About what?"

"About this, us" she gestured between the two of them, "about what the fuck is going on, because your behaviour is confusing the fuck out of me Chris. One minute you ignore me, do everything in your power to avoid me and the next you're sweet and gentle and you're comforting me when I'm at my most vulnerable, so please can you tell me what the fuck is up with that?"

Chris just stared at her; he didn't know what to say. How could he explain that?

"I don't know what you want from me Luna" he stood from he where he was sat and turned away from her, taking a few steps away. Being so close to her was sending his head in to a spin.

"I want you to tell me what the fuck your problem is Chris."

"I don't have a problem" he still couldn't bare to turn back and face her. Luna stood now; she'd had enough of this. He couldn't even look at her and she was furious.

"Yes you do" She was shouting now, "you treat me like shit and now I'm confronting you and you can't even fucking look at me. What did I ever do to you Chris? I've been nothing but nice to you, god am I that unbearable to be around? What is so wrong with me that it's making you hate me this much?"

Chris could feel his heartbreaking; he didn't want her to think there was anything wrong with her. She was the most perfect human being he'd ever met. He didn't think it was possible for her to even do any wrong.

"Why can't you look at me?' Her voice broke as she began to cry. She hated that she cried when she was angry. She hated that she was vulnerable right now. But mostly she hated that this was breaking her heart.

Chris turned to look at her, tears were streaming down her face, and her cheeks were flushed, she even made crying beautiful. He didn't say anything, just stared at her. This aggravated her even more as she found her voice and began to shout again, "WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM JUST TELL ME"

"YOU REALLY WANNA KNOW?" he shouted back, she wanted to know, then fine.

"YES"

"YOU LUNA YOU'RE MY PROBLEM" She knew it, she knew he had a problem with her, she knew but it still hurt. She just stared at him vacantly as she felt her heart shatter. She knew it was wrong and she knew she was stupid for ever feeling this way about him. She wished she had never even come here. She had nothing left to say. Turning away from him she began to leave, when she froze at the sound of his voice,

"Since the first moment I saw you I haven't been able to get you out of my head. When I saw you walk in I'd never seen something so beautiful. You carried yourself with such confidence and grace it made you impossible to miss. I knew right then that you would be trouble for me. Especially when you opened that mouth of yours and that attitude came out. You were intoxicating; out of all the people in that room, you shone the brightest."

Luna could feel the tears streaming down her cheeks now. She still couldn't bring herself to turn to face him, despite feeling him get closer as he continued to talk,

"God I can't tell you how many nights I've laid awake just thinking about you. The way every time you're around I just seem to come alive for you. Thinking about your soft skin and the way my whole body tingles when we touch. I've imagined what your lips would feel like against mine. How it would feel to finally get to hold you in my arms. To feel your naked body pressed against me, to touch you in ways no else ever could. Fucking hell I've even imagined what it would be like to have your pussy wrapped around me, god I just know it would be a taste of heaven" Luna's breath hitched in her throat as he spoke, she could feel him right behind her now.

"When Matt introduced you as his girl, I was heart broken. I know Matt and trust me he would die for you, I see how much he cares for you, that's why I tried to push my feelings down, act like they weren't real. It was easier to just pretend you didn't exist than face the truth"

"What truth?" she finally found the courage to speak. She could feel him directly behind her now. His hand came up to brush her hair away and down her left shoulder, leaving her neck bare to him. He moved his lips down to her ear and she could feel goose bumps rising all over her body. Then he spoke again,

"That if I had my way, then you would be mine."