Chapter 42: Loyalty.

It had been just over a week since the man Luna fell in love with had come back to her and already she had witnessed that sparkle in his eyes begin to return. She knew it would still be a long time until he was completely himself again, but it was off to a great start.

Chris had his first session with the therapist Luna had recommended, she had been right, being able to talk about the negative impact her leaving had on him really helped. He was still waking up in the middle of the night to reach for her in fear she had left him again, but slowly he was beginning to believe that she really wasn't going to run away this time.

Luna had told her friends and family about her and Chris reuniting and they had all been extremely happy for the pair, well almost all of them. Ed still had his problems with Chris, ones that Luna was hoping he would just put in the past.

Chris had only told Scott so far, wanting to tell all his loved ones at once. Also he wanted to tell them he was getting help and he knew he had a lot of apologies to make. So Luna had him invite them all round for dinner at his house and they would talk to them, together.

Chris knew they would be more than happy for him and Luna, what he was worried about was them not accepting his apology. He had been awful to them when they had only tried to help him when he was at his lowest. He hated himself for the way he neglected them, especially when it was for the dreadful 'friends' he had made.

Since being back with Luna he had cut them off. A part of him always knew they were using him for everything he had, but he didn't care he just wanted people to go out and get drunk with. They had tried contacting him a few times but he had shut it down, he was no longer interested in wrecking his life, not when he once again had a reason not to.

On the Wednesday night Chris reached out to his loved ones to invite them to dinner on the Saturday night. Luna also extended the invite to her mother, her friends and her brothers. She was currently sighing deeply as she leaned her hand on the kitchen counter whilst speaking to Ed down the phone.

"Ed I'm asking you to be there, I need to know you're going to support me on this" she all but begged down the phone.

"Luna I'm only trying to protect you okay? I don't know if I can be in a room with him without punching him after everything"

"Ed why can't you see that we were both at fault, I am just as much at fault as him"

Ed scoffed as he ran his hand down his face. He was stood in his kitchen as he listened to Luna plead with him to make up with Chris. Unfortunately he didn't see it the same way Luna did. As far as he was concerned Chris took advantage of Luna and he betrayed his best friend. Loyalty was big with him, it was something his dad always taught him.

"I'm sorry Luna, I just don't think he's good for you, I'm not gonna be there"

Luna felt a tear slip down her cheek as she heard the line go dead. She buried her face in to her hands as she began to cry softly. Chris had been in her living room and he'd heard every word from where she was stood in the kitchen. He felt awful, as much as Luna hurt him he knows he had a part to play in all of this as well and he hated seeing her hurt.

"Sugar?" he asked softly as he stood in the doorway to the kitchen, seeing her stood by the island.

"He's not coming" she whispered before the sniffles continued.

Chris made his way over to her quickly wrapping her up in his arms as she cried in to his chest. He stroked her hair to soothe her as he whispered how it was all going to be okay in her ear.

His therapist had told him that part of getting better was accepting what he had done wrong. He knew that was exactly what he needed to do, take responsibility for the part he played in all of this.