Epilogue I: Ready.

1 Year Later.

"You doing okay?" Matt asked as he passed Chris a beer from the fridge.

"Yeah man I'm good, just a little nervous" Chris chuckled as he took a sip of his beer.

In truth he was doing more than okay. In the year since he and Luna had gotten back together Chris had come so far. With the help of his therapy sessions he'd been able to work through his trauma and abandonment issues. He'd even been able to regain control of his drinking.

Of course having the love of his life by his side supporting him had helped. He and Luna were better than ever, they had even decided they were ready to live together a few months ago. Luna and Rex had moved in to Chris's house and together they made it a home.

Now after months of rebuilding himself back up, he was finally ready. A year ago he had promised Ed that he would come back to ask for his permission to marry his sister and that is exactly what he was doing.

Chris's hands shook slightly as he looked out across Ed's living room from where he and Matt were stood at the kitchen island. Luna's two other brothers Josh and Tom had flown out with their families from England to celebrate their mother's birthday. So Chris had taken the opportunity to suggest a guy's night, so that he could ask all the important men in Luna's life for their blessing. He had also invited Mac and James, knowing how much they also mean to Luna.

So here he was incredibly intimidated and shitting himself. He was just glad that Matt and Scott had come along for moral support.

"You ready for this?" Scott asked as he patted his brother on the back.

"I think so" Chris laughed nervously as the three of them made their way into the living room where the rest of the guys were all sat around talking. Scott and Matt took their seats while Chris stayed standing in front of them all.

"Sorry to interrupt guys" Chris started as he began playing with his fingers, his gaze focused on the ground as he felt everyone's eyes on him. "If you don't mind I just have a few things I wanted to say"

"Course man" Jake spoke as everyone focused on Chris and what he had to say.

"So as you guys know Tomorrow is mine and Luna's 1 year anniversary and I just wanted you guys to know how this last year has been the best of my life, even with all of the obstacles to overcome. I love Luna more than I've ever loved anyone or anything in my entire life and I plan to spend the rest of my life loving her." He took a deep breath before he continued, "which brings me to the real reason I wanted to get you guys all here tonight, I wanted to tell all of you, the most important men in Luna's life that I would like to ask her to marry me and I would like to ask for all of your blessings to do so."

Chris could feel the sweat dripping down his forehead as he watched them all take in his words. Luckily his nerves were quickly calmed when Jake jumped up from his seat.

"Wow man that's amazing, yes of course" he replied as he made his way over to where Chris stood, pulling him in for a hug. He was quickly followed by Josh and Tom.

"100% man, we're with you on this" Tom smiled as he patted Chris on the back.

"Yeah mate definitely; you treat our sister way better than any of the other dickheads she's dated" Josh spoke before he turned to Matt, "not including you man obviously"

Matt chuckled as he stood up and patted Josh on the back. Mac and James then both stood making their way over, expressing their congratulations. Chris thanked them all before his gaze landed on Ed, who was still sat on the couch looking down at his hands.

Chris quickly felt his nerves rise back up inside of him as everyone in the room turned to look at the last brother. When Luna and Chris first got back together things with Ed were rocky for a while, but slowly he and Ed had become friends and Ed had accepted him into the family well at least that was what Chris thought, now he was second guessing everything.

"Ed?" Jake asked his brother.

Ed stood up slowly before making his way over to Chris, standing right in front of him.

"You know I really didn't like you a year ago, but I wanted to give you a chance because of how much my sister seemed to love you."

Chris took in a shaky breath as he felt like he was going to explode, he was sure that this was it and Ed was gonna tell him no.

"I'm just really glad you proved me wrong" Ed's frown was replaced with a smile as he pulled Chris in for a hug. "You know my dad would have loved you"

"That really means a lot man" Chris spoke as they pulled away, "I promise I won't let Luna or you guys down"

"I know you won't"

~~~~~

The next evening Luna was once again coming home from a draining day of work. She was just happy that Chris was home having a break before his next movie started production.

She slumped up the porch steps as she lazily flung the door open. "Chris?" she called out as she kicked off her shoes and hung up her handbag by the door. When she turned around she noticed that all the lights were off in the house. She made her way down the hall to the kitchen when she saw lights in the back garden. She was having a major case of Déjà vu from back when she and Chris first started this whole thing.

She made her way outside, pushing open the patio doors. Just like last time the garden was covered in flowers and candles and there was a trail of roses leading to where she could see Chris standing. Unlike last time it wasn't a candle lit dinner, this time Chris was stood in the centre of the garden surrounded by candles. He was dressed in an all-black suit and Luna couldn't help but think about how delicious he looked. At his feet sat Dodger and Rex, both wearing a bow tie on their collars.

"What is all this?" She asked as she made her way to where he stood with his hands held out to her.

"This is for you" Chris smiled as he took her hands in his, the dogs beside them looking up eagerly at their humans. "Happy Anniversary sugar"

"Chris this is incredible, you're incredible" she smiled as she reached up to place a chaste kiss on his lips.

"That's not everything" he smiled brightly as he stroked his thumb over her soft palm.

"Luna, ever since the first moment I laid eyes on you I was hooked. I never believed in that love at first sight stuff because I didn't understand how you could love someone you didn't even know, but with you it was so easy. I know we didn't have the best of starts and I know I didn't always handle things very well" he chuckled slightly as Luna took back one of her hands to wipe a tear that had fallen down her cheek.

"I believe now that we had to let our love go free in order for it to grow stronger and come back to us. Even with that time apart we still came back to what we needed, which is each other Luna. We were always meant to be because you were made for me Luna Clarke, I know that and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to marry you, I want to raise children with you and I want to grow old with you."

Chris took a deep breath as his hand reached up to wipe away the tears that continued to fall down Luna's cheek before he took a step back and dropped down to his knee.

Luna gasped as she watched him, her left hand coming up to cover her mouth while her other sat tightly in Chris's grip. Chris used his free hand to pull a ring box from his pocket, expertly opening it one handed and holding it out to her. Luna stared down in awe at the beautiful sparkling diamond.

"I love you more than I ever thought was possible and I can't stand spending another moment without asking you this question. So Luna Clarke, will you marry me?"

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god" Luna shrieked as she began sobbing before she launched herself in to Chris's arms. He fell back slightly as he wrapped his arms tightly around her. Gently he pulled her head from the crook of his neck where she had nuzzled it.

"Sugar, I kind of need an answer" he chuckled as his hand stroked her face.

"Oh god sorry, yes god of course yes!" Luna beamed as she didn't give him a chance to reply before crashing her lips down on his. They pulled apart moments later, leaning their foreheads together.

Chris took the ring from the box and gently placed on Luna's ring finger, before he kissed her knuckle just above where it sat.

"Just you and me Sugar.

"Forever."