Chapter 38: Whatever it takes.

A few hours later the party had fully started to wind down. Most of the guests had left, but Chris was still going with the blonde securely attached to his hip. Luna had been in her own personal hell all night as she watched them together. She knew he was doing it to get to her and she was determined to prove him wrong. She wouldn't leave until he did. And if that meant watching him leave with another woman then so be it.

All that was left of the table she sat at was herself, Scott and Mac and Cece. Although Cece was currently drifting off against Mac's shoulder.

"Seriously Cece you need to go to bed" Luna smiled as she rubbed her friends shoulder.

"I can't leave you" Cece protested.

"Don't worry I'll stay with her" Scott smiled, "I don't really wanna leave until he does either"

"Thank you" Cece smiled as she embraced Scott, before she moved on to Luna.

"I'm proud of you for standing your ground" she smiled as she kissed her friend on the cheek. Luna smiled back softly before going to give Mac a hug.

"You make sure she gets home safe okay?" Mac jokingly pointed his finger at Scott.

"Of course" Scott laughed as they said another goodbye before Cece and Mac made for the elevator. Luna and Scott sat back down but before the conversation could start up again they were joined by a drunk Chris. As he walked up to the table with the blonde still draped across him, who was about as drunk as he was. Luna was surprised they were both still standing.

"Just want to let you know that we're leaving" Chris slurred slightly as he looked down at Luna.

Scott noticed the tension so immediately stood up, "well then I suppose we best get going too" he smiled as Luna stood beside him.

"Woah are you fucking him as well?" Chris's blonde friend slurred happily as she giggled. A huge smirk spread across Chris's face as he watched Luna.

"I'm just gonna use the bathroom, I'll meet you by the elevator" she addressed Scott before heading straight to the toilets.

For the second time that night she found herself staring back at her reflection in the mirror, this time tears streaming down her face. She honestly didn't know how she was going to get through this.

Suddenly she heard the door open and before she had the chance to react she was spun around and caged in against the sink.

"What the fuck are you playing at?" Chris growled as his hot breath fanned over her face. It had been so long since Luna had seen him this close up, earlier it had been too dark to properly take in his appearance. His eyes were blood shot and there were dark circles underneath them. He looked truly broken.

"What do you mean?" She asked shyly, suddenly feeling incredibly small under his harsh gaze.

"Don't play dumb with me Luna, why the fuck are you still here?"

"I told you Chris, I'm here for you"

"Don't fucking lie" he spat as he grabbed her wrists and began shaking them, "fucking tell me what sick game you're playing" she flinched as he shouted right in her face. As she did he took a step back, hands still gripping her wrists. The feeling of cool metal around her wrist made him shift his gaze. He pulled her right arm closer to him as he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

She was wearing it.

The bracelet he'd gotten her for her birthday sat perfectly on her dainty wrist. His eyes read over the inscription as suddenly the mixture of emotions he was feeling immediately sobered him up.

"You're wearing it?" he asked in disbelief as he stared right in to her eyes. He assumed she'd gotten rid of it along with any other memory of him. "Why the hell are you wearing it" his voice broke as he glared right at her and she didn't miss how a tear slipped down his cheek.

"I've never taken it off" she squeaked out as she managed to pull her wrists from his grip. Taking advantage of his shock she moved her hands up to cup his face, her thumbs rubbing his cheeks gently. She lent her forehead against his as she began to cry again. "Chris, please come back to me"

His baby blues stared right at her and that was the longest she'd seen any sign of her Chris still being in there. Unfortunately it was yet again fleeting as he broke from her hold.

"No" he shouted as he began pacing and shaking his head, "you don't get to do that Luna"

Before she had chance to reply he stormed out of the toilets, leaving her standing there in disbelief yet again. Despite the fact that he just left her standing there Luna's lips curled in to a small smile. She was she sure the man she loved was still in there and that had only confirmed it. He just needed coaxing out.

She took another deep breath before wiping her eyes yet again and heading out of the toilets. As she got back into the bar Chris and the blonde were no longer in sight. She felt her heart sink as the little hope she had pretty much shattered at the realisation he had gone home with her. She quickly made her way to the elevator where Scott was standing, just wanting to get home and cry herself to sleep as usual.

"What happened in there?" Scott asked as they stepped in to the elevator and he pressed the floor for the lobby.

"He's still in there Scott, it's just gonna be a little harder than I thought to get him to come back" she quickly wiped another tear that had fell as Scott pulled her in to a tight embrace.

The elevator dinged as the doors opened, the pair walking through the lobby to the front of the hotel.

"I called a cab it should be here in a second" Scott spoke as they stepped outside in to the warm summer evening, well early morning, "oh that might be it, hang on" he said before he went off to check if the cab was theirs.

As she stood waiting for Scott to come back she heard a familiar voice from the left of her. She turned her head to see the blonde that Chris had been dry humping all night, but she was alone. Luna listened as the girl spoke on the phone.

"Yeah he's a complete asshole, he spent the whole night with me just to dump me and leave me alone right before we were about to get a cab, literally just left me on the side of the road." The girl huffed down the phone as she continued moaning about Chris to whoever was on the other line.

Even though she felt slightly bad for the girl she couldn't help the huge smile that spread across her face. He didn't take her home. Luna knew their altercation had affected him. Then just like that the glimmer of hope had returned. He was still in there and nothing was going to stop her from getting him back now.

When Scott re-joined her he was confused at the huge smile on her face considering minutes before she was crying in the elevator.

"What happened?" he asked as he guided her towards the cab.

"He didn't take her home" she smiled as she nudged her head in the direction of the blonde still waiting on the street.

Scott looked behind her to see the girl stamping her feet as she spoke to someone on the phone, "see I knew you'd get through to him" he spoke as they got in to the back of the cab together.

"It's not gonna be easy but it's a step in the right direction" she smiled widely as she leant her head against Scott's shoulder before the cab took off driving. She was even more determined now, she wasn't going anywhere now whether Chris liked it or not. She would get him back, whatever it takes.

A/N: So I know I've said before that we're coming towards the end and then I've gone in and written more chapters😂but I mean it this time, we will soon be coming to an end, I wonder what will happen with these two? Please vote and comment, I love hearing from you guys!

A xx