Chapter 18: Just you and me.

A few hours later Luna was sat cuddled up with Rex in bed, her work laptop sat next to her, some spreadsheet open on the page but she hadn't been paying attention, she was too busy watching P.S I love you yet again. Gerard Butler's sexy Irish accent mending her broken heart just a little. Her phone buzzed on the bed next to her, Scott's name flashing up across the screen. She opened it to see several paragraphs outlining the joint birthday party they were having. Over the past week Scott had taken on party planning, Luna happily giving up any control she had and letting Scott have free reign. She hated party planning and Scott loved it so it was a win win.

She quickly scanned over all the details he'd sent, all she really knew before now was that they'd planned to have it at her house. She had a huge back yard with a pool which would be perfect for what Scott had planned he said. She was lucky her business had done so well and she'd been able to buy her dream home two years ago.

As she started to reply to Scott, letting him know it all sounded great, her mind wondered to Chris and her conversation with Cece earlier. She knew she had to talk to Matt, but she was terrified and right now the only person she wanted to talk to was probably the one she shouldn't.

But she couldn't help herself, her thumb hovering over his name before she pressed call. She held the phone to her ear as she felt her heart beat pick up pace, it rang twice before she heard his voice.

"Hey" his voice was soft and quiet but she could still hear the pain behind it, she knew he was still hurt,

"Hi"

Chris wanted to be mad at her, he wanted to stand his ground, but as soon as he heard her voice his tough exterior crumbled and he knew he was done for. He sighed deeply as he ran a hand down his beard, leaning his back on his pillows. "I have to admit it's fucking good to hear your voice."

Luna smiled widely as she lay back staring at the ceiling, "I'm sorry Chris, I never should've acted like that, I regretted it the minute you left but I didn't think you'd wanna talk to me."

"I told you Luna, I'd wait forever for you" She felt her heart flutter at his words, "I know this isn't an ideal situation and I really wish we'd met in different circumstances, but I know how I feel Luna and I meant what I said. God I love you so much it physically hurts me, I've never once felt like that in my entire life and I'll be honest it scares the fuck out of me."

"Me too" Luna couldn't help but smile at his confession, "Chris I've never felt like this before either, I never knew I could feel this much about a person let alone in such little time. I haven't been able to stop thinking about you, god you're always in my head, and frankly it's quite annoying."

Chris chuckled as he felt his heart beat quicken as he waited for her to speak again, he really hoped this would be the moment she'd finally say it, she'd finally tell him how she really felt and he knew after she said those three words he wouldn't let anything stand in his way of making her his forever.

"I love you Chris" she smiled widely as she finally admitted it, "god that feels good to say."

He chuckled as he let out a breath he didn't even realise he was holding, "I can tell you it feels even better to hear you say it. I know this is gonna be hard Luna, but I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, I want to be with you no matter what obstacles come our way. Just you and me, yeah?"

"That's what I want" She beamed at his words, nothing could ever feel as good as this, just the two of them, "Matt comes back tomorrow morning, I'll talk to him then."

"Explain to him that you guys aren't working out, then come over after, I'll leave the gate open for you and we can think of a plan and we can tell him about us together, I'm not letting you do it alone. We both had a hand in this; it's only fair I take responsibility too. But just remember we're in this together okay?"

"Just you and me."

~~~~

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter, we're getting to the good stuff in the next few chapters and I hope you guys all like it! Please vote if you're enjoying the story!!❤️

A xx