Chapter 41: We need to talk, Again.

For nine months Chris had barely been able to get a few hours of sleep a night, the alcohol usually helped but still his brain would never fully shut off. When he did manage to sleep he would always dream of her, she had been haunting him. But as he opened his eyes letting them adjust slightly to the light streaming in through the curtains, he remembered where he was, he was at her house. As he rolled over on to his side he glanced at the alarm clock on the nightstand and noticed it was 9am and he had slept through night for the first time in nine months and he knew exactly why.

He smiled widely to himself at the thought of Luna and the night they had spent together, but as he rolled over to reach for her he found her bed empty. He quickly sat up as his heart jumped in to his throat. Surely she didn't leave again? His mind was flooded with thoughts of her abandoning him again as he quickly pulled his boxers on before taking off out of the room. He took the stairs two at a time as he made his way through the house, calling out her name.

He made his way through to the living room before he reached the kitchen doorway. He let out a breath he didn't even realise he had been holding when he saw her. She was still here. For the second time that week he had a bad case of Déjà vu as he watched her dance around the kitchen, the sound of Taylor swift yet again coming over the speaker. He leant against doorway as he watched her, smiling widely at the melodic sound of her sweet voice singing along to the music.

Luna was in her own little world as she moved around the kitchen making breakfast, Rex watching her patiently as he waited to be fed. She moved over to other side of the counter where he was sat and set down his food bowl and gave him a pat on the head. As she stood back up she glanced at the doorway seeing the figure standing in it. Immediately she jumped, a small shriek falling from her lips.

"Fuck me are you trying to give me a heart attack" she giggled as she held her hand over her chest as her breathing evened out.

"Sorry sugar, I was just enjoying the view" Chris smirked as he walked around the counter holding his arms out for her. Luna smiled as she melted in to his arms, reaching up to softly kiss his lips.

"You just gonna keep stealing all my T-shirts" Chris asked smiling as he played with the hem of his T-shirt she was wearing, the one he had come over in last night.

"Well this one smelled like you, the other ones I have haven't for a long time" she smiled weakly as she nuzzled her face in to his neck. "I've missed your smell"

Chris chuckled heartily, the sound vibrating against Luna's chest as he held her. His large hand came up to stroke her hair softly as he placed a kiss against her forehead.

"I made you breakfast" she smiled as she pulled away from his neck, after placing a chaste kiss there. "Pancakes"

"You didn't have to do that baby" he smiled as she pulled away from his hold to go back to the pancakes she had been cooking. Chris didn't want to be away from her even for a second so he followed her and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind as he began softly kissing her neck.

"I wanted to" she started, "I thought we could eat and then I think we need to talk."

Chris froze at her words before his arms left her waist and fell to his sides as he leant back against the kitchen island. Luna turned around quickly as she felt him move away from her.

"Hey baby no don't worry" she spoke as she moved over to him, her hands coming up to cup his cheeks, "I'm not going anywhere don't worry, I just think we should talk about everything that's happened about us. I really think you need some help Chris and there are a few bridges you need to build with you friends and family."

"Yeah you're right" Chris sighed before flashing her a smile. Luna leant up to kiss him softly before turning back to making breakfast.

About half an hour later they had just finished doing the dishes and Luna was making Chris a coffee and herself a tea. She carefully carried the mugs over to the kitchen table where Chris was sat with Rex at his feet as he scratched behind his ears. Seeing them together suddenly made a thought pop in to Luna's head.