Chapter 39: Sugar.

It had been two weeks since his birthday and Chris was yet again getting a serious case of Déjà vu, because just like when he had first met her, Luna was fucking everywhere.

Clearly before she had been actively avoiding him because now he was back to running in to her everywhere he went. He was starting to think she may have some kind of fucking tracker on him. He was back to running in to her in bars, when he was walking Dodger in the dog park, even saw her at the fucking vets again. Every time she was nice as pie, trying her best to get him to communicate with her.

Last week he'd even shown up to a family dinner at his mother's, the first one he'd actually dragged himself to in months and only because his Mother had all but forced him to. But when he walked through the door there she fucking was. It seemed they were throwing another fucking intervention but immediately he'd seen her and got the hell out of there. They were all fucking conspiring against him, he knew they were. Every time he felt himself starting to fall back in to that daze she always sent him in to, he managed to pull himself out by reminding himself of what she did to him. The pain and heartbreak that woman put him through, there was no way he could do it again.

To top it all off he hadn't been able to sleep with another woman since his party. He hadn't been able to go through with going home with the blonde, leaving her on the side of the street. Then last week he went out and got a girl in to the club bathroom but he couldn't even get fucking hard. She was fucking haunting him.

Now he was stood in his kitchen staring down at the dish of food in front of him. About half an hour ago he'd gotten a text from her that she had left dinner for him on his porch. He'd gone outside to bring it in and since then had just been staring at it on his kitchen counter.

Suddenly the anger boiled up inside and he snapped. How fucking dare she? He grabbed his phone and keys from the counter before also picking up the foil covered dish. He stormed out to his car as he climbed in and headed down the driveway and in the direction of Luna's house.

~~~~~

When Luna had gotten home from taking Chris some dinner she heated up her own before climbing in to bed. Half an hour later that's where she still was, cuddled up with Rex as they watched Before We Go. Since seeing him again she'd swapped Gerard Butler out for romcom Chris.

A loud banging on her door startled her from her lying down position. Rex took off out of the room barking loudly as he ran down the stairs. Luna jumped up from her bed, quickly throwing on some pyjama shorts, considering she was only wearing one of Chris's shirts he'd left at hers.

As she got to the bottom of the stairs the person on the other side of the door started to band loudly again.

"Alright I'm coming" she shouted as she reached the door, turning the key in the lock she gripped the handle before pulling the door open.

"Really? Opening the door to a stranger banging on it late at night? Real sensible Luna"

She was shocked as Chris barged past her and he made his way inside.

"Oh do come in" she huffed sarcastically as she followed him in to the living room. She watched as he threw the dish she'd left for him on her coffee table.

"What the fuck is that?" he asked as he pointed to the food.

"It's pasta, I know how much you li..."

"Oh will you give it a rest Luna" he shouted as he interrupted her, "I need you to stop okay, just fucking stop, I don't want your pasta okay I don't fucking want anything from you" he spat as he moved to push past her heading back towards the front door.

"Chris" Luna pleaded as she grabbed his hand, turning him back to face her, "Please, I'm really trying here okay?"

He could see the tears welling up in her eyes as she pleaded with him to stay, "let go of me Luna"