Chapter 23: Happy Birthday.

As it got closer and closer to her 30th birthday Luna got increasingly more nervous. Not only was she gonna have to deal with actually turning thirty, but she was gonna have to deal with this joint birthday party.

Scott insisted that Matt was okay with the party going ahead, she'd even text him herself to make sure he didn't have a problem with it, but despite his reassurance she still felt like it was wrong.

She really didn't want to go. She would probably have just faked an illness if it wasn't being thrown at her own damn house. But she loved Scott and she didn't want to let him down as he was so excited. She was just happy that Scott had decided to have the party on the Saturday before their birthdays. Luna's being on the Monday after with Scott's following on the Tuesday. This meant she could spend her actual birthday the way she wanted too, shut away safely in her Chris bubble.

Another thing Luna had been to wrapped up in her bubble with Chris to realise was that because this was a joint party, that meant all of Scott's family was going to be there and Scott's family is Chris's family.

So not only was she going to have to deal with her ex-boyfriend whose heart she broke, she was also going to be meeting her new boyfriends Mum for the first time. The boyfriend who she has to act as if she barely knows because they still haven't come out about their relationship.

Luna and Chris had decided they would wait till after the party to talk to Matt, not wanting to make him uncomfortable. So they had to pretend they barely knew each other, act as if they haven't spent countless nights getting to know each other in the most intimate of ways. She was absolutely fucking dreading it.

So here she was gulping down her third beer in the last hour as her and Scott greeted their guests. She had to admit, Scott had done a fantastic job, the place looked amazing. A gazebo had been placed in the centre of the garden with a DJ booth occupying it. He'd enlisted the help of Ed to provide the booze and a chef to cook the barbeque. Banners and balloons covered the back yard, as well as embarrassing photos of the both of them as kids, clearly he'd been in touch with her Mum.

Chris was yet to get here, they decided it would be less suspicious if he just arrived with his Mum and sisters. Matt was also yet to show up, she was hoping he'd get here soon just to get it over with but she also wanted to be a little more drunk before that happened. Just as she was about to go find another drink, she felt something small wrap itself around her legs. Looking down she saw Stella beaming up at her.

"Hey princess" she laughed as she bent down to tickle the little girls sides making her squeal.

"I missed you Luna"

"I missed you too sweetie" Luna cooed as she embraced Stella in a hug.

"She really has she hasn't shut up about you even though I keep telling her it's only been like two weeks" Luna looked up at the sound of Carly's voice, moving away from Stella to greet her mother. "Happy Birthday" Carly sing songed as she wrapped Luna up in a hug, before passing her a card and a gift bag.

"Thank you! Oh you didn't have to" She spoke as she took the present placing it on the table that Scott had set up in the living room for the gifts.

"Of course I did! Also you're a lot nicer than Scott, if I had shown up without a gift for him he wouldn't have let me stay" they both had a laugh as Scott huffed next to them, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Speaking of, where is my gift my darling sister" Scott spoke sarcastically as he rolled his eyes at Carly.

"Relax birthday boy, Chris is bringing it in" just the mention of his name sent shivers through Luna's body, she hadn't seen him since she left his house this morning and it was killing her. She honestly doesn't know how the hell she's supposed to keep away from him tonight, it really seems physically impossible. As if he could hear her inner thoughts, Chris walked in right at that moment, carrying a hug box which looked to be Scott's present. He placed it on the table before embracing his brother.