Chapter 16: I Love You.

About an hour later Chris was laid beside Luna in her bed, watching her intently as she spoke. After he'd stripped himself of his jeans, they'd cuddled down in bed with Rex laid between them. They'd decided to play 20 questions to get to know each other a little better.

So here he was facing her as she lay beside him after she'd rid herself of her make up and put on his T shirt, something he'd dreamt about many times, his fingers playing with hers as he listened to her answer his question. Although it's hard to focus on what she's actually saying when she looks this beautiful while doing it.

"All right my turn" she spoke bringing Chris out of his thoughts, "what's your relationship with your Mum like?"

"We're extremely close; she's like my best friend. No matter what dumb shit I do, Ma always has my back, I think that's the best thing about a parent; they have to love you no matter what"

"Even if you were a murderer?"

"Oh she'd help me hide the body for sure" Chris chuckled, as he moved his free hand to caress her cheek, watching as her eyes fluttered shut at his touch.

"Okay my turn again" she opened her eyes as he spoke to show she was listening to every word he said, "the tattoo on your back, what is it? What does it mean? I haven't been able to get a good enough look."

She carefully turned away from him, making sure she didn't disturb Rex who was still sleeping soundly between them. She lifted up the back of his T shirt she was wearing; Chris helped her push it up until it bunched up around her shoulders just above the Tattoo.

Now he was up close he could clearly see it was a row of five different simplistic flowers, with blades of grass between them.

"They're birth flowers, the first two are my parents, the third is my Grandma, she was my Dads Mum. Then the last two are my Mums parents, my Nanna and Grandad." Luna felt as Chris softly caressed the skin where the tattoo was, tracing the outline with his finger, "I got it just after my Dad passed, my Grandma had passed a few months before and I had been planning to get one for her. So when it came round to getting one I decided to go for one that included five of the people I love the most"

Chris smiled at the meaning behind it, before he leant down to her shoulder, placing a gentle kiss on the ink. Luna rolled back over to face him, pulling the shirt back down. Then she turned over her right wrist to show him the tattoo that lay there, "this ones for my brothers" it was a row of four small heart outlines in a vertical line down her wrist, "one for each of them."

He stroked her wrist with his thumb softly, "they're both really beautiful" he raised her wrist up to his lips, placing a chaste kiss on the ink, just like he had done to her back.

They continued to talk for what felt like hours, exchanging stories from their lives. They both felt themselves falling harder the more they learnt about the other. Chris couldn't believe the hold this woman had over him, never before had he cared this much about another persons life, it was like he physically needed to know every single part of her, the good and the bad, he didn't care he needed to know it all. He wanted to know her better than anyone ever had.

Luna felt the warm tingly feeling all over her body; it hadn't left since he touched her for the first time. She tried to deny it, tried to pretend like it didn't exist, but it was there, it had always been there. She couldn't run from it anymore she knew that now, she knew there was no longer any escape from him.

They both felt something change between. Sure they had an intense connection, no one could deny that, but tonight something shifted, something unspoken, but they both felt it, it was there. It was like their souls had intertwined and they'd permanently marked one another. There was no way they would ever feel this closeness with another human being again, it was like their bodies were calling out to one another, saying you belong to me and only me.