Chapter 26: Mistake.

As Luna watched Matt walk away she became numb to everything around her. Her sobs only increasing. She knew everyone was staring at her but she couldn't even comprehend that right now. She didn't even notice when the pair of strong arms wrapped around her small frame scooped her up and carried her inside.

Chris tried to stay calm for Luna's sake, considering the wreck she currently was, but he honestly had no fucking idea what to do. He ignored the calls of his name from his mother and Scott as he carried Luna inside the house away from the crowd. As he got to the door he faintly heard Jake's voice telling everyone the party was over.

He carried Luna in to the living room, sitting on the couch with her in his lap. He wrapped his arms securely around her as she cuddled in to his chest, still sobbing as her small hands clutched at his T-shirt. He kissed her head as he rocked her back and forth, whispering in her ear how it was going to be okay.

Ever since they had met Luna had always believed that every time Chris told her it would all be okay, it would be. But this time something felt off, she couldn't believe how any of this could ever be okay again.

Her actions had led to Matt being heartbroken and she hated herself for what she'd done to him. Matt and Chris had been best friends since high school and now that was all thrown away because of her. She had caused all of this.

A few moments passed before Luna's Mum came in through the sliding doors that led out to the back garden, Cece, Scott, Tara and Lisa right behind her.

"The boys are helping everyone leave through the side gate" Claire spoke as she moved to kneel in front of her daughter, stroking her hair lightly, "you okay baby?" she asked.

Luna turned her head slightly to face her mother, she had no idea what to say, it's like she'd lost the ability to talk. She just stared at her Mum, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Oh sweetie, it's gonna be okay"

How the fuck can they keep saying that.

"How Mum how the fuck is any of this ever gonna be okay" Luna spoke raising her voice as she pried herself from Chris's grip, standing up she began pacing the room.

"Luna baby you need to calm down, just take a moment to breathe okay" Chris spoke as he stood, taking a step towards her and reaching out his hand, which to his surprise she backed away from.

"How can you fucking tell me to calm down!?!?" She spat, "don't you realise what we've done Chris? We did this to him, he doesn't fucking deserve this, how the fuck did we let this happen"

"Luna you really need to calm down, you don't know what you're saying"

"STOP TELLING ME TO CALM DOWN" she shouted, shocking everyone in the room, "maybe this was just all one big mistake" she mumbled as she felt Chris's gaze boring in to her.

"What the fuck did you just say?" He asked as he stood there wide eyed staring at the woman he loves.

"Can you guys give us a minute?" She now addressed the other people in the room who were also staring at her.

They all mumbled a chorus of 'Okays' before making their way to the kitchen in the next room, leaving the pair alone.

"This is all my fault Chris, I did this, I ripped you two apart" She spoke as she watched Chris shake his head with his hands placed on his waist.

"Don't do this Luna, don't you dare come up with some bullshit reason to push me away again, just because you think you don't deserve my love" he shouted as he pointed a finger at her accusatorily.

"But that's the thing Chris, I don't" she was crying again now, tears streaming freely down her cheeks. She always knew this was too good to be true, she didn't deserve Matt and she didn't deserve Chris. How could she ever be worthy of his love after the things she did.