Chapter 12: Distraction.

It had been two days since what happened at Chris's. It was now Saturday afternoon and Luna was laid in bed with Rex curled up against her sleeping. She had junk food and tissues spread around her as she watched P.S I love you for the fourth time since Thursday. This was how she'd spent her time since then, curled up in bed feeling sorry for herself. She'd not been in to work for a few days, claiming she had a stomach bug. Really she just didn't want to be any place Chris would know to look for her.

He'd been texting and calling since she'd left his house. She didn't know how he'd got her number but she could only assume he had also told a lie to get information out of Scott. She hadn't replied. She didn't know what to say. She desperately wanted to run to him, finish what they'd started, but she couldn't. She had a boyfriend.

She hated herself for what she'd done to Matt. He was like the nicest guy she'd ever met and she'd betrayed him. She didn't know what to do. She needed to get Chris out of her head, she needed a distraction. As if all her prayers had been answered, she heard foot steps coming up the stairs before her bedroom door opened.

In walked her best friend since she first moved to the US, "oh god what happened to you?" Cece spoke as she headed towards the bed. Rex stood up wagging his tail as he moved to the edge of the bed to greet her. "Hey buddy, how's my boy?'"She cooed as she moved to sit by him.

"You know I gave you a key for emergencies" Luna rolled her eyes as she sat up and lent back against the head board. "Well judging by the state of you, this is an emergency" Cece quipped back, "why are you watching this, you only watch this when you're sad?"

Luna quickly tried to think of a good excuse before Cece spoke again, "aw are you missing Matt? She asked, "yeah I am" Luna exhaled letting out a shaky breath. She so badly wanted to tell Cece about what happened with Chris, but she couldn't even bring herself to say it out loud.

"Well I have the perfect distraction for that" Cece started, pausing to climb across the bed. She plopped herself down next to Luna, putting her arm around her best friend as Luna rested her head on Cece's shoulder. "Everyone's going out tonight and you're coming"

Luna didn't really feel like going out, but she also didn't want to stay sulking in bed any longer, she needed a distraction from Chris. "Okay that sounds fun" she replied before covering her ears at Cece's squeal. "Perfect, now let's find you something to wear" she clapped her hands together as she jumped off the bed, heading towards Luna's walk in wardrobe with Rex trotting behind her. Just as Luna was getting up to follow her, she heard her phone buzz. Looking down she saw yet another text from Chris.

'Luna talk to me, please?'

Chris was at home sitting at his kitchen island, staring at his phone, he watched as the message turned to read. Still no reply. He'd heard nothing from her since she'd left and he desperately needed something from her, anything at all.

"So I was thinking we'd head out at about 9 tonight?" Scott spoke to his brother who was still staring down at his phone, "Chris?" he added, clicking his fingers in front of Chris's face.

"Huh?" Chris was suddenly broken out of his thoughts by Scott's voice,

"Were you listening to me at all?"Scott asked rolling his eyes at his older brother, "no sorry what did you say?"

"I said I think we should leave about 9 tonight?"

"For what?" Chris asked confused, he had no idea what Scott was talking about.

"For drinks tonight, with some of the guys?" Shit he'd forgotten about that, going out was really not something he wanted to do right now, but at least it would take his mind of her.