Chapter 17: Soulmate.

Since Sunday morning Luna had done everything she could possibly think of to not have to deal with the situation she'd gotten herself in to. She knew she'd have to face it sooner or later, but right now she was procrastinating to the highest level.

She'd done a stock check at several of her coffee shop locations herself, also deep cleaning the entire stock room, she'd organised all her files in her work and home offices, rearranged her entire living room and taken poor Rex on about six hikes since Sunday and yet it was still only Wednesday.

Now she was sat in her office at work, lightly banging her head on the desk in front of her as she thought about what a mess her life was right now.

"Someone's having a good day" she groaned as she lifted her head to see Cece standing in the doorway smirking at her, "what's got you all grumpy?" Cece chuckled as she stepped in to the room, taking a seat at the desk, opposite her best friend.

"Oh, you know, just a lot of paperwork to get through" Luna lied as she sat back in her chair, rubbing her hands over her face.

"Cut the bullshit Luna" Cece spoke as she leant forward on the desk, resting on her elbows, "you've been moping for days, barely anyone has seen you and you're always locked away in your office. That is not you; you've always had a healthy work life balance, never staying later than you need to, it's one thing I've always been jealous of"

"Honestly it's nothing; we've just been really busy lately."

"There you go again lying to me" Cece shook her head as Luna looked at wide eyed, "Oh come on Luna I've known you since we were 14, you really think I don't know when you're lying, you have a tell."

"I do not have a tell" Luna scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yes you do."

"Okay then what is it?"

"Oh like I'd ever tell you' Cece chuckled rolling her eyes as she watched Luna lay her head back on the desk. Cece leant over softly stroking Luna's hair out of her face and playing with it gently to soothe her, 'tell me what's going on, you're not doing okay and I'm worried Luna."

Luna turned her head slightly so she could look Cece in the eye and as she did she felt awful for making her worry. In that moment she wanted to tell her everything, finally get a little of this weight off her chest.

"I think I've fallen in love."

"Well that's great, have you told Matt how you feel yet?" Cece couldn't see the problem; she knew Matt and Luna were yet to say those words to each other, so she thought it was great that Luna felt that way.

Then she watched as Luna's gaze dropped back down to the desk, before she started banging her head against the hard wood again. Cece got up from her chair and moved round to the side of the desk where Luna sat, perching herself on the edge. She took Luna's face in her hands pulling her away from the table.

"Luna" Cece spoke as Luna looked up at her, her eyes heavy and sad. Up close Cece could now see the state Luna was in, she had dark circles under her eyes which were blood shot and puffy, her lips chapped from being bitten too much, and break outs on her skin which she knew Luna only got from stress. "It's not Matt you've fallen in love with is it?"

Luna shook her head as she felt the tears building up and before she knew it the flood gates had opened and she was violently sobbing as Cece held her head against her chest, softly stroking her hair and rocking her back and forth.

Cece had always been an incredibly protective friend, she was known as the mother of the group for the way she liked to take care of everyone. So her comforting Luna while she broke down was nothing knew and she knew exactly how to calm her.

After a few minutes of just letting her cry it out, Cece pulled Luna's face from her chest so she could look her in the eye. "Who is it?" she asked as she used her thumbs to wipe away her best friends' tears.

"Chris."

Cece sighed deeply as she moved to grab a tissue out of the box on the desk, handing it to Luna. "Chris as in Matt's best friend Chris?"

"Yep" Luna spoke popping the P, "fucking typical isn't it, I finally meet a nice guy who treats me incredibly well and I go and fall in love with his best friend, what a load of bullshit." Cece chuckled slightly as Luna playfully hit her on the arm, slumping back down in her chair, "oh I'm really glad you find it so fucking funny."

"Okay I'm sorry" Cece laughed, holding her hands up in mock surrender "It's just that really is just your luck." She smirked earning a slight laugh from Luna, before she groaned loudly, leaning her head back on her chair.

"Sooooo" Cece started, leaning back on her elbows against the desk, "I'm guessing you weren't sick on Saturday then?" Luna shook her head, struggling to find the words to explain how she'd cheated on Matt. "Have you slept with him?"

"No, Thursday I stormed over to his house, demanding he tell me what his problem with me is, turns out had also been feeling the exact same things I had and one thing led to another and we fooled around, before a phone call from his Mum interrupted us and I realised what I was doing and got the hell out of there. Then on Saturday we left with the intention of something happening but he was a complete gentlemen and didn't want me to do anything I'd regret so we spent the whole night talking and it was just incredible, like the best night of my life so far and I know how wrong that is but Cece I can't explain it, it just felt.."

"Right" Cece finished for her, she knew exactly the feeling she meant, it was the feeling she had every time she saw Mac, even after all this time. "And how do you feel about Matt?"

"I care about him a lot Cece, I really do and I never wanted to hurt him, I hate myself for it. I hate that I can't give him a relationship he deserves and that I can't love him like I should, it breaks my heart but I can't change how I feel, believe me I've tried"

"You shouldn't be mad at yourself for falling in love Luna" Cece spoke softly as she began playing with Luna's hair again, "granted it's not an ideal situation, but its how you feel. Tell me how Chris makes you feel?"

Luna sighed, she had no idea how she could put it in to words, but she knew if anyone was gonna understand it would be Cece. "It's like whenever I see him I can't focus on anything except for him. Like I fall in to this complete haze where I have to be close to him, I have to feel him there just to function. Like nothing and no one else matters except me and him, just us. It's like my heart calls out for him, begging to be close to him and when he's not around it physically hurts. Does that make any sense?"

Cece smiled down at her best friend. She'd thought about the day Luna would come to her and tell her she'd found her soul mate, yeah she thought it'd be better circumstances but still she was happy for her. Despite the terrible thing she'd done, Luna still deserved to be happy; Cece just had to make sure Luna believed that too.

"I know exactly what you mean babe, it's how I feel about Mac" Luna looked up at her wide eyed, she never even considered her love for Chris could be the same twin flame soul mate love that Cece and Mac shared.

"I really need to talk to Matt don't I?"

"Yeah babe you do."