Chapter 37: Humiliated.

Luna rushed straight to the sink as she got in to the toilets, quickly running the tap so she could flick cold water on her face to calm herself down. Seeing Chris with the blonde girl clinging to him had sparked a fit of jealously inside her which she was desperately trying to keep under control. She knew she had no right to feel this way and she couldn't let it spiral.

Leaning her hands against the marble counter she hung her head as she sighed deeply. Looking up into the mirror she saw the broken woman she had become staring back at her. She had to remember why she was here. She was here to save the man she loves no matter how hard he's going to make it for her and she knew that he would.

"You can do this" she encouraged as she pointed at herself in the mirror. With another deep breath she felt ready to head back out to the party. Pushing open the door she quickly made her way back over to the table, retaking her seat next to Scott.

"You good?" he asked with a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah I'm okay" she smiled back as she squeezed his hand tightly.

"What's he doing?" Luke asked from the opposite side of the table, his attention focused across the room. Everyone turned to follow his gaze that was on the small make shift stage behind them just across from where they were all sat.

Chris was up on the stage at the DJ booth with a microphone in his hand. Then all of a sudden the music stopped and the sound of the DJ's voice came over the speakers.

"Alright folks I hope everyone's having a good time and I'm sorry to interrupt but the birthday boy has a few words he wants to say." His words were followed by loud cheers throughout the room.

"Oh this isn't gonna end well" Joe sighed as he shook his head. They all watched as Chris stood up in front of the DJ booth, everyone once again cheering for him.

"So I would just like to say a few words" Chris cockily spoke as he held the microphone in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other. Luna attempted to shrink down in to her chair, hoping that he still hadn't noticed her, because if he had Joe would be right and this would not end well.

"I'd just like to thank you all for coming to celebrate me" he smirked as he took a large sip from his glass. "I'd like to thank the guys for being here" he pointed towards the group of twenty something boys that were stood just off to the right of the stage. All of them erupting in to loud cheers and whistles. "I'd like to thank all of the beautiful ladies for coming out tonight as well" Luna rolled her eyes as he winked at the blonde who had previously been attached to him. "And finally I'd like to thank the person who made all of this all possible."

Everyone around the table looked at each other confused as to who he meant, but as his gaze fell directly on her, Luna knew just who he meant.

He was talking about her.

Her heart started to beat so fast she really believed it would beat right out of her chest. He'd seen her. He knew she was here and he was calling her out in front of everyone. Shit.

"Luna" he spoke her name in a way that was meant to taunt her. "Why don't you come up here so everyone can meet you" his words were laced with the same venom as the last time she had seen him. He wasn't gonna stop until she was utterly humiliated and she knew that.

On shaky legs she began to stand as she felt everyone's eyes on her. Before she could step away from the table, Cece's hand wrapped around her wrist. She looked down to see her best friend staring back up at her, silently asking if this was a good idea. Luna smiled back as she nodded slightly. Cece understood instantly and she gave Luna a squeeze on the wrist, letting her know she was there if it went south, before she let her go. As Luna slowly began to walk away Cece grabbed a hold of Mac's hand as she was terrified for her best friend.

Luna slowly walked towards the stage, trying her best to keep her breathing steady as she also kept her focus on her steps to make sure her legs didn't give way. As she reached the side of the small stage she saw a look on Chris's face that she had never seen before. It was almost evil.

"There she is" Chris smirked as he continued to talk, "for anyone who doesn't know Luna is my ex-girlfriend" he took another sip of his drink before his eyes looked right at her, "wanna know something funny? Luna is also my best friend Matt's ex-girlfriend too, you see Luna let me eat her pussy while she and Matt were still together because she's a dirty little whore"

The audible gasps from the guests filled the room and Luna could feel the judgemental stares. Chris's eyes bore in to her as he pointed his finger at her accusatorily, his words starting to slur slightly from the amount of alcohol he'd consumed.

Mac went to stand from his seat at Chris's words so he could go and save Luna, but before he could get up Cece placed her hand across his lap as she kept her gaze planted on the scene in front of them.

"Come on Luna" she whispered, "you can do this"

"Then the ever so sweet Luna royally fucked with my head like the psychotic bitch she is" as he spoke Chris stepped down off the stage making his way closer to Luna. She began taking steps backwards to move away from him as he kept getting closer. "You got off on it didn't you? Fucking around with two friends, breaking them up and then playing the sad little victim"

Luna felt the tears begin falling freely down her cheeks as she involuntarily let out a sniffle, which only gave Chris more ammunition.

"Oh and here come the waterworks" he smirked as he stood right in front of her now, towering over her. Luna looked around at the horrified looks from everyone in the room. She knew it would be hard, but she didn't expect this. As she looked in to his cold dark eyes, she started to doubt whether there really was any of her Chris left in there. Unable to control the sobs she quickly turned as she began to make her way towards the elevator.

"That's it run away, that's what you do best right? You know I wish we could've taken bets on how long you would last" he laughed darkly as he finished off his whiskey.

His words made Luna stop in her tracks as she remembered what Cece had said to her.

'Remember you are the only one that can save him now'

What was she doing? If there was any chance at all of bringing back her Chris then she had to show him she wasn't going to run away this time. She couldn't back down.

"That's it I'm stopping this" Mac spoke as he stood from his seat but Cece followed and grabbed his arm before he could get too far.

"Just give her a minute" she said as she turned her attention back to Luna.

Luna took a deep breath as she calmed herself. She wiped away her tears and raised her chin up as she turned back to face the gaze of the man she loves. She moved back towards him, closing the gap between them.

"You know what Chris" her voice sounded so much more confident than she felt as she squared up to him, "I'm not gonna run, because I know somewhere under this tough alpha male exterior is the man I fell in love with and I am going to show him that I am here to stay this time and you can humiliate me all you like but I am not backing down because I love you and I know you're still in there."

Chris's jaw dropped slightly and she noticed the wall he'd built up break slightly as she saw a glimmer of hope in his eyes, but no sooner than she had seen it, it was gone.

"Let's get back to the fucking party" he shouted in to the microphone before he passed it back to the DJ who started the music up again. His group of 'friends' cheering again as they all surrounded him, some even congratulating him on the humiliation he'd just caused Luna. Where the fuck did he find these guys?

Luna took a deep breath before she walked away back towards her friends. The whole time she could feel his gaze boring in to her. As she reached the table she practically fell in to her seat as her legs finally gave way. Scott placed a reassuring arm around her shoulder as Cece reached over to hold her hand.

"I'm proud of you" Cece smiled at her best friend as she squeezed her hand.

"It's not like it even fazed him" Luna sighed as she looked back over to Chris who was back to doing shots at the bar, the blonde back by his side.

"Give it time" Scott smiled as he kissed her gently on the top of her head before she cuddled in to his side.

A/N: Please continue to vote and comment I love hearing what you guys have to say!

A xx