Chapter 31: Hope.

I will never stop waiting for you Sugar.

It had been three weeks since Luna had left Boston and still everyday she found herself re reading over the last message he'd sent her. For the first week or so after she left Chris constantly tried to contact her. For his own good she knew she couldn't answer, but she also couldn't bring herself to block his number. It seems he'd decided to accept her choice, but she knew he wasn't happy about it. She'd be lying through her teeth if she said she was happy with her choice. She fucking hated it, but she knew it was the right thing to do.

She never heard from Matt after she left the letter on his doorstep, but Scott had let her know he received it. He also said Matt was doing better and Luna clung on to the fact that her decision was at least bringing Matt some peace. She didn't care about what happened to her, she just wanted the people she hurt to be okay.

Her mother had been right when she said getting away was just what she needed. They'd been staying with her grandparents the last few weeks and it was just the break she needed. Getting to visit her older brothers and her nieces and nephews. She'd spent her days enjoying spending time with her family and keeping her mind off of all of the shit she'd left back in Boston. Although when the day was done and she was alone again, her demons always returned. Every night since she'd been here Luna had cried herself to sleep, desperately trying to escape that aching pain in her chest that had become a permanent fixture since leaving Chris.

She was now enjoying her last day in England before she had to go back to the states. As much as she wished she could hide out here forever, she knew she had to go back to her life. She missed her friends, she missed Rex and she missed working at the coffee shops. She was broken out of her thoughts by her Nanna's voice.

"I thought I'd find you out here" she spoke as she came out of the back door where her Granddaughter was sat on the porch swing that overlooked the back garden. Luna's Grandparents were avid gardeners and she always loved coming to their house and just admiring the beautiful flowers, she found it calming. It was well in to October now which meant autumn had arrived. The huge trees that lined the garden were now covered in orange leaves that had started to fall to the ground and with Halloween only next week her Grandparents had placed pumpkins around the garden. Autumn had always been Luna's favourite time of the year.

"Hey" Luna smiled as she moved up on the swing and opened up the blanket she had wrapped around herself, allowing her Nanna to join her. As well as autumn arriving, the cold weather had also made an appearance. They snuggled up to each other under the blanket and Luna's Nanna, Elaine, passed her a cup of tea.

"Thought you mind need this" she smiled at her only Granddaughter, "so, wanna talk about it?"

"Talk about what?" Luna asked as she furrowed her brows in confusion.

"About how you're nervous to go back to Boston" Elaine replied. The pair had always been incredibly close since Luna was born, she had spent a lot of time with her Grandparents while her parents worked.

"That obvious huh?" Luna huffed out a laugh before taking a sip of her tea smiling at the taste, her Nanna always could make a perfect cup of tea.

"Only to me" Elaine smirked as she nudged Luna's shoulder slightly.

"I know that it's going to be okay someday, but right now it just really fucking hurts" Luna's voice dropped to a whisper as she shook her head.

"You're an incredibly strong woman Luna; you get that from me and your mother. You're gonna be okay, I know it. And if you do ever feel like running away you know your old room is always here waiting for you, okay?"

Luna smiled at her Nanna as she lent in and kissed her cheek. Ever since she was young Luna had a room at her grandparents, she used to love spending all her time there as a kid.

Silence fell over the pair as they sat there for a while, looking out over the garden. Luna was terrified of what her life back in Boston would now look like without Chris in it, but she knew the love she felt for him would carry her through anything.

~~~~~

Chris sat in his trailer on set, yet again looking through photos of Luna. He wondered if he'd ever not feel the need to see her face. As much as he hated it he had decided to accept her decision, for now anyway. He knew she was still hurt, but he was certain she'd see sense and she'd come straight back in to his arms, where she belonged.

Suddenly the view of his photos was blocked when his phone started to ring. Every time it did his heart jumped at the thought that it might be her, but it never was.

"Hey Ma" He spoke as he answered the phone.

"Hey honey, how are you? How's everything on set?" Lisa chirped down the phone, she was trying her best to be positive and not bring up anything to do with the Luna situation.

"Yeah I'm good, every things good. How's Dodge?"

"Oh he's fine, his usual happy self! He does miss you though, we all do!"

"I miss you guys too."

Lisa could tell Chris had been different since Luna left. He wasn't himself. It was clear he hadn't been sleeping. Scott had been to see him last week and he'd looked a total mess. He was managing to keep himself together on set, but as soon as he was back at his hotel, he would break down. His heart was empty without her and it was fully taking its toll now.

"Listen Ma now isn't really a good time, I'll talk to you later, love you"

"Chris please talk..." He cut the line off before she had a chance to finish. He couldn't listen to anyone tell him how he should try to start moving on, because he knew that there was no way he could get over her. He couldn't give up hope. She had to come back; she had too, because if she didn't, he had no idea what he was going to do.

~~~~~

A/N: Hey, thank you so much for continuing to read! Sorry this one's short, it's just a filler really, but I really hope you guys enjoy what's coming next! Please continue to vote and comment!

A xx