Chapter 43: Made for each other.

Luna had completely thrown herself into preparing for the dinner. She wanted it to be perfect, but Chris knew that deep down part of her was doing it to take her mind of the situation with Ed. He could see that it was killing her not having her brother around, even if it had only been a few days. He just hoped that his visit was enough to convince Ed to turn up.

It was now 6:30pm on Saturday evening and they both stood in the kitchen as they heard cars coming up the driveway. Chris gripped Luna's hand tightly in his own, nerves running through him at facing his most loved ones after the way he acted. She turned to face him, reaching up on her tiptoes to place a soft kiss on his lips. Instantly Chris felt his body calming at her touch.

"I love you" she smiled up at him as she raised her free hand to gently caress his cheek.

"I love you more" he replied leaning in to her touch before he turned his head to place a kiss to her palm.

As they stared in to each other's eyes the sound of the doorbell rang through the house. Chris sighed deeply as his gaze dropped to the floor. Like she could read his mind Luna gave him another kiss before she spoke,

"You can do this, I'm right there with you, every step of the way"

Chris smiled widely at her as he placed one last kiss on her lips. He took a deep breath before he headed down the hall to get the door. His hand wrapped around the door handle, hesitating slightly before he turned to look back down the hall at the kitchen. Luna stood in the doorway smiling brightly at him as she nodded at him. With another deep breath Chris opened the door, immediately he was met with Scott's face.

"Hey man" Scott greeted his brother as he stepped in to the doorway and they both shared a hug before Scott quickly made his way down the hallway, leaving Chris to greet his mother.

"There's my boy" Lisa smiled brightly as she embraced Chris in a hug.

"Hey Ma" he smiled as he gave his mum a kiss on the cheek.

"You look a lot brighter" she smiled as she cradled his face in her hands.

"I'm doing a lot better Ma"

"I can see that" she smiled as she stepped aside so Carly and Shanna could both come inside. Chris greeted his sisters before he saw his friends approaching the porch. Tara walked up the steps first, immediately wrapping Chris in a bear hug.

"God I really hope this means you got your shit together"

Chris let out a half laugh as he returned her embrace, "I'm trying" he smiled as he pulled away and Joe and Luke joined the pair. Chris gave them both a hug thanking them for coming before they were also joined by Matt and Zoey.

"Hey man" Matt spoke as he hugged Chris, "good to see you."

"You too" Chris smiled as he pulled away, "I owe you a big thank you"

"Oh yeah what for?" Matt asked as he furrowed his brows.

"You'll see" Chris smiled knowingly as he closed the front door and led everyone down the hall to the kitchen. As they all entered the room they saw Scott and Luna stood at the kitchen island chatting away, each with a glass of wine in hand.

"Oh my god Luna" Lisa shrieked as she quickly made her way over to greet Luna.

"His Lisa" Luna smiled as they shared a hug. "It's so good to see you"

"Please tell me this means you're back together?" Tara asked as she looked between the pair.

"Yeah we are" Chris smiled as he moved to wrap his arm around Luna's waist after his mother had released her.