Joseph - LITTLE QUINN part 2

After driving for over two hours you arrived at your destination, a quaint little cabin in the woods with a cute town just down the road. The brown brick walls on the outside of the house was covered in Ivy, there were gorgeous flowers all around with a small water feature in the middle of the garden, which was next to the path that led up to the door.

"Joe" you whispered as you took in the view "It's beautiful" you smiled. Joe looked at you and smiled "I knew you'd love it" he said as he kissed your forehead "You head in, I'll grab our bags" he said.

You headed into the little cabin and we're blown away, not only was it bigger inside that you imagined, it was practically everything you wanted in a home. You walked into the green kitchen and opened the fridge, it had already been stocked with some of your favourite drinks and snacks.
"What do you think sweetheart?" Joe asked as he wrapped his arms around your body.
"I love it, it's perfect" you hummed.
"There's a restaurant nearby, would you like to go for a walk and then head there for dinner?" He asked.
You turned to him and looked into his big brown eyes "I'd love that" you said "I'd just like to change my shoes first" you added.
"Of course" Joe smiled.

A few hours had passed, you and Joe walked hand in hand as you explored the beautiful scenery around you.
"Are you hungry, love?" Joe asked.
Placing your hand on your stomach you smiled "absolutely starved" you said.
"Perfect, the restaurant is right here" he said as he pulled you towards a small building. As you walked inside you were greeted by stunning brick work and industrial lighting, each booth in the restaurant was private from each other. It was 7pm and very clearly was the dinner rush, who knows if you were going to even get a table.
"Reservation under Joe Quinn" Joe said to the hostess.
"Perfect, right this way" the hostess said.
As the two of you walked behind the hostess you whispered in Joe's ear "Of course you planned this" you giggled as you held onto his arm. Joe flashed you a smile.
"And here we are, your server will be right with you" the hostess said.
You were now seated deep in the restaurant, you could hear chatter from other people who were seating but yet somehow the soothing music managed to drown them out.

You sat across from Joe and enjoyed the view of the gorgeous sunset outside. You felt Joe's hand grab yours from across the table, making you look over at him.
"I love you" he said as he smiled.
A giant grin appeared on your face "I know" you said, which made Joe chuckle.
"Hi there, I'm Vic I'll be taking care of you tonight. Here are a couple of menus and of course, a drink menu. I'll be back with a couple of waters for you two" Vic smiled before walking away.

You and Joe decided on wine and appetizers to start, your main meal would be coming later. Once the food arrived, Vic poured the two of you each a glass of wine.
"Enjoy" Vic smiled and left again.
Joe looked at you in the eyes and smiled as he held his glass up "Cheers" He said "To us, love" he added.
"To us" you smiled and took a sip. The fruity flavours of the wine filled your mouth, it was the most divine wine you've ever tasted.

After your meal The two of you walked back to the cabin. The day had been perfect, absolutely nothing could top it. When you arrive at the cabin you headed inside "I'll be right back I just have to pee!" You said as you headed into the bathroom. Looking in the mirror you fixed your hair a little before heading back out. The lights in the cabin were now dim, you slowly made your way to the living room.
"Joe?" You called out.
As you looked around and noticed a few vases of your favourite flowers. The fire in the fireplace was crackling away as Joe stood in front of it.
"Come here" he said softly. You started shaking as you walked towards your beautiful boyfriend.
"Hi" you said nervously as you came face to face with him.
"Hi" he smiled.

At this point you knew exactly what was about to happen but your brain could not process it
"Y/N" Joe said softly as he looked into your eyes, you felt his hands hold onto yours "I'm sure by now you've figured it out but I still need to say it" he said. You could tell he was also anxious by his body language.
"Y/N, I've known that I love you since the day we first met. You are my world, James world now too. I couldn't ever imagine a life without you or our son" Joe lowered himself onto one knee, he let go your hands and pulled a velvet box out of his pocket. He smiled as he looked up at you, he slowly opened the box and revealed a gorgeous ring, you gasped.
"Y/N, will you marry me?" He asked.
Your eyes flickered from the ring back to Joe. Tears started forming in your eyes, you knew this was coming but to hear him say the words was something else.
"Yes! Oh my god Joe! Yes!" You practically choked on your words as tears streamed down your face. Joe smiled and stood up as he pulled the ring out of the box, placing it your ring finger "It's perfect, Joe" you said as you admired the gorgeous piece of jewelry that now sat on your finger.
"Not nearly as perfect as you my love" he smiled as he cupped your face with both of his hands and pulled you in for a kiss. You hummed as your lips move in perfect sync with his.
"I love you" you whispered.
"I love you too" he whispered back.

(Part 3 maybe? Thoughts??)