Bad Moon Rising

_________________________________________________________________________________

Theo's POV:

After last night Bonnie and I decided to stay in for most of the day until she got a call from Stefan to meet at the Grill. We went just to see what he wanted, but I could tell she didn't want to be involved in whatever this was, which might prtain to Caroline.

As we entered, we saw him at a table and walked over to it and sat down. He asked Bonnie if she could make a daylight ring for Caroline.

"I don't know how to make a day-walking ring," Bonnie said.

"Emily made mine, she made Damon's too, instructions must be in the Grimoire," Stefan said.

"That doesn't mean I can cast the spell," Bonnie told him.

"Bonnie, you know how to drop vampires with a single look, okay? I think you can figure it out," Stefan said.

"That doesn't mean she needs to do it," I told him.

"Caroline killed someone, Stefan. I can't make it easier for her to do it again," Bonnie said.

"No, we're not making it easier for her; we're just giving her the chance to survive. Listen, every day that she's cut off from her old life - from you, from Elena, from Matt, it'll make it that much harder for her to hold on to her humanity," Stefan preached.

"And how do you know she won't hurt anyone else?" Bonnie asked.

"I don't, but if we don't do everything we can to help her or at least trust the fact that she can keep it together, we might as well just stake her right now," Stefan said.

"I don't know if I can trust her, not with this," Bonnie said.

"Then trust me," Stefan said.

After that he left and Bonnie and I made our way back to my car.

"You don't have to do it you know," I told her once we were in the car. "I can do it and you can just wait at your house if you don't want to be near Caroline at the moment."

Bonnie thought it over as we left the Grill and agreed. I took her home and she let me look over the spell in her ancestors grimoire. Once that was done I made my way over to Caroline's house.

Once at the Forbes residence, I walked in and made my way up to Caroline's room. When I entered I was greeted by Stefan, who was standing off to the side and Caroline, who was sitting on her bed with a ring in her hands.

"Where's Bonnie? I thought she was doing the spell?" Stefan asked as he looked behind me but saw no one else.

"Change of plans, I'll be doing the spell," I told him before focusing on Caroline.

"So, I don't get to choose the ring I have to wear the rest of my life?" she asked looking at the ring.

"Well, if you don't want to walk out in the sun, I could just go," I stated about to leave.