As I Lay Dying

________________________________________________

Theo's POV:

To get us out of the house for a while, aunt Jenna decided we should go to the movie in square park.

The movie they were gonna play was "Gone With the Wind" and some the people dressed up for the event.

"You brought us to see a girl movie," Jeremy said to Jenna as walked through the square.

"You guys needed to get out of the house," Jenna said.

"This is our three-hour distraction from reality," Elena said.

"Is that what we're doing? Pretending like our lives aren't screwed?" Jeremy questioned.

"We need to do this, okay? Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up, and do it all over again until one day, it's just not as hard anymore," Elena said as we came to a spot to sit.

Jenna unfolds a blanket and puts it on the ground, where Elena kneels on.

Caroline comes over to us with a couple of baskets.

"Hey! There you guys are. Who's hungry?" Caroline said as she set the baskets in the middle of the blanket.

"Are we really doing this?" Jeremy asked.

"Yes, we are really doing this. We are going to take a page from Scarlett. We made it through the war," Caroline said as she knelt down on the blanket.

"I know you guys went through hell, and my mom knows I am a vampire, so basically it's like Atlanta has burned. And yet, in spite of everything, we persevere," she said.

"All right," Jeremy said as he sat down with the girls.

"Well while you guys do that I'm gonna go check on Bonnie," I said about to leave.

"Wait! Don't you need to stay just incase Jenna loses control of her bloodlust?" Elena questioned me.

"She'll be fine, Diana sent me a spell that'll temporarily block Jenna's bloodlust until someone teaches her the ropes," I said to her.

"But just incase, Caroline can you watch over them incase the spell wears off?" I said looking to Caroline, who gave me a nod.

With that I left the town square and made my way to the old witch house.

*********

When I got to the house I made my way straight to the basement to see Stefan there with Bonnie and I could hear the whispers of the spirits.

"What's going on?" I asked Stefan.

Before he could say anything Bonnie spoke, but it wasn't her voice.

"Why have you come here, Stefan?" The witch asked.

"I need your help. I need to know if there's a spell that can heal a werewolf bite," he said.