Know Thy Enemy

____________________________________________

Theo's POV:

Me, Bonnie and Damon were at the Martins place.

Damon opens the door and checks to see if he could go in.

"Yep. Everybody's dead," he said entering the apartment.

"We should pack up the grimoires. They spent years collecting them. I wanna make sure they're safe," Bonnie said.

"You know, we could just get another match and cremate him," Damon said looking at Luka's burnt corpse.

"Don't be disrespectful. Not to him," Bonnie said.

"Fine. I'll bury him," Damon said.

"What exactly are we looking for?" I asked.

"According to Luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that'll let me harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently," Bonnie said.

"I didn't know you and father witch were so close," Damon commented.

"We weren't but when he gave me my powers back, he gave me a message. If I can find the spot in town, where the old Salem witches were burned, I can harness their energy to use when I need it," Bonnie explained.

"Great. We'll have to put that on our list of things to do today. Harness ancient dead-witch power," he said.

"You know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie asked him.

"Did I forget to mention that?" He retorted.

"Well I don't know about you guys but I'm not reading through all these to find the right spell," I said closing a grimoire I had in my hands.

Bonnie looks at the shelf, closes her eyes and raises her hands. All of the books fall and one of them opens right in front of her.

"It's this one," she said picking up the book.

"Great. Grab the rest. Let's go," Damon said.

*************

Later we were walking through the woods to the old witch house.

"Is this the spot Emily Bennett was killed, too?" I asked.

"Founders thought it was poetic burning her where the other witches burned," Damon said.

"How do you know where the witches were burned?" Bonnie asked.

"Cause I tried to save her. Emily was just my key to getting Katherine back before I knew what a nasty little bitch Katherine was," he said.

We stop in front of an abandoned and run-down house where the witches used to live.

"You sure it's the right place?" I asked him.