By the Light of the Moon

___________________________________________

Third Person POV:

Elena is in her bedroom with Bonnie. She looks at the moonstone as they discuss what to do with it now.

"Now that you've got this back, what are you gonna do with it?" She asked Bonnie.

"Right now, it's what is binding the Sun and the Moon Curse. If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless," Bonnie said.

"And according to Katherine, Klaus becomes vengeful," Elena said.

"Maybe. If he finds out," Bonnie said to her.

"Bonnie, can't this wait?" Elena asked.

"Stefan wants me to focus on this," she said.

"Don't listen to him. He thinks that he's protecting me, but he's wrong," Elena said.

"I'm taking Stefan's side with this one. We're not gonna let you get used in some creepy sacrifice ritual," Bonnie told her.

Jeremy comes into the room just  as Bonnie takes the stone from Elena's hand.

"What are you guys arguing about?" He questioned them.

"We're not arguing about anything," Bonnie said putting the stone in her bag.

"I need a coffee," she said exchanging a look with Jeremy before leaving.

Once Bonnie left, Jeremy gave Elena a look.

"What?" She asked him.

"Why are you on some suicide mission?" He questioned her.

"I'm trying to prevent everyone else from getting hurt," she said.

"Oh so, bringing Klaus the moonstone so you can get yourself killed is okay?" Jeremy retorted.

He shakes his head as he leaves.

Elena waits a beat and takes the moonstone from Bonnie's bag. She quietly hurries down the stairs with her car keys in her hands.

Bonnie is about to head up the stairs and sees her.

"Where are you going?" She questioned Elena.

"Um, to see Stefan," she lied.

"You're lying," Bonnie said.

"No, I'm not," Elena said trying to convince her.

"Really?" She questioned looking at the doppelganger.

"She took the moonstone," Jeremy said coming down the stairs.

"How did you...?" Elena questioned.

"We tested you, and you failed," Bonnie said.