The Sun Also Rises

___________________________________________________

Theo's POV:

Me, Jeremy and Bonnie are down in the basement, flipping through the pages of old grimoires.

"This is useless. All these grimoires. There has to be something in here to keep Elena from becoming a vampire," Jeremy said.

"And we'll keep looking. Until the last minute," Bonnie said.

Outside, I could here the others arrive and discuss the sacrifice.

I was about to inform Bonnie and Jeremy, when I tuned into a phone convo between Stefan and Damon.

(D= Damon, S= Stefan)

S: Damon.

D: You're not going to like what I'm about to say.

S: Cut to the chase. Is the sacrifice happening or not?

D: It's happening. I tried to stop it, but it got...complicated.

S: We're sticking with the original plan. We're meeting Bonnie right now.

D: He's got Jenna, Stefan.

S: What?

D: He got Kath to lure her out of the house.

D: He's going to use her as the vampire in the ritual.

After hearing that I felt anger course through every part of me.

Unknown to me, my eyes for a split second flashed red.

"Theo, what's wrong?" Bonnie asked looking at me.

"Klaus took Jenna. He's gonna use her as the vampire sacrifice," I said with clenched fists.

*******************

Third Person POV:

Elena is pacing back and forth in her circle of fire, while Jenna is kneeling in hers.

"How are you feeling?" She asked her aunt.

"I feel like myself...Only not. Everything is brighter. The fire's hotter. Part of me is terrified, but there's another part of me that doesn't want to feel anything," Jenna explained.

"Vampires can turn off the part that's human. That's the part that hurts," Elena said.

"I'm gonna die, aren't I?" Jenna said with tears in her eyes.

"No! Jenna, I'm not going to let that happen. I don't care what I have to do," Elena said.

In the distance, the sounds of twigs snapping and groaning are heard by Elena and Jenna. Jenna's head snaps towards the sound.

"Who's that?" Jenna asked as Greta showed up with Jules.

"That must be the werewolf," Elena said.

Greta pushes Jules down to the ground. Jules clutches at her stomach, groaning in pain.