The Dinner Party

_________________________________________________

Theo's POV:

"The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence," Jenna said to Elijah as we gave him a tour of some of the historical sites in Mystic Falls.

Now, you might be wondering why I'm here. Well, when Jenna informed me that she was giving a certain someone a tour around Mystic Falls.

I thought I'd come just to keep her safe incase my so called "brother" tries to do anything.

"Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families," Elijah said.

"Why do you say it like that?" Jenna asked him.

"My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise," he answered.

"Research right," I whispered sarcastically causing him to turn to look at me.

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna questioned.

"Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything," he said.

"Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial," my aunt said.

"Yes, they are," me and Elijah said in unison.

We looked at each other briefly before turning our focus onto the approaching form of Alaric.

"Elijah, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman," Jenna introduced.

"Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?" Alaric said.

"I'm pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history," Elijah said.

"Well, I only brought the surveys. I got that list in the car. Just give me a sec," she said.

Jenna walks back to her car, leaving the three  of us alone.

"Alaric Saltzman. So you're one of those people on Elena's list of loved ones to protect," Elijah stated.

"So is Jenna," Alaric said.

"You don't have to be jealous. I don't really pursue younger women. It's a joke, Ric, lighten up," Elijah said patting him on the shoulder.

"Right," Alaric said.

"Oh that's a lie, all the women are younger than you, you old stag," I said rolling my eyes.

********************

After leaving Jenna with Alaric and Elijah, I went to the Grill to meet up with Bonnie.

I walked in and saw her at a table by herself.