Ghost World

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, I just started a new job for the new year and didn't have much time to update this yet, but it's here now

______________________________________________

Theo's POV:

"What is it that we need to talk about?" I asked this person.

"Frist, you need to be trained in your demon abilities. Second, you have some responsibilities that we need to discuss as the newly proclaimed Prince of Hell," they said.

"Ok and what are these responsibilities?" I questioned.

"You know, capturing souls, torturing people, and whatever else you have to do," they answered as they got up.

"So I assume you're the one that's gonna train me then?" I questioned them as they walked to me.

"Me and a few others will be overseeing your training," they said.

"So what should I call you then?" I asked.

"You can call me Mercy. I'll be back on a later date to start your training," Mercy said before they disappeared in a column of fire.

After Mercy flamed away I went to my room and went to sleep.

**************

The next day

Everyone from the Gilbert household was at the town square, preparing for the Night of Illuminations.

We stood off to the side as Carol Lockwood gave a speech.

"As a long-time member of the Historical Society, I am especially proud to be kicking off this day of festivities. Thank you, volunteers. Tonight, we turn off our town's lights and flare up our lanterns in honor of the night of illumination started by our founders 150 years ago. Here's founding family member Tobias Fell with a history lesson."

Everyone applauded as we listened to her.

"What are we doing here?" Jeremy asked Alaric and Jenna.

"Tobias Fell is the head of the history department. I didn't have a choice," Alaric said.

"All right, that explains what you're doing here, but why do we need to be here," I said gesture to me and Jeremy.

"Well, I'm the one who can fail you two if you don't help me out," he said.

"And I'm here just to get out the house," Jenna said.

"Hey, sorry I'm late. What did I miss?" Elena asked as she joined us.

"Nothing much," I said as Tobias Fell came up to deliver his speech.

"The first illumination was held in celebration with the newfound prosperity that Mystic Falls enjoyed after the war," he said.

Jeremy laughs and Elena, Jenna  and I look at him.

"What's so funny?" Elena asked him.

Jeremy ignores her and looks back to the stage.