BROTHER BESTFRIEND

MENTIONS OF OD AND PILLS A CUT WILL BE PLACED ON WHERE MENTIONED

EXAMPLE: ———————-

For the past two days Alex hadn't heard from anyone. He was having another depressive episode but no one was there to help him. He tried to contact Mike but nobody answered.

Lucas had not been at his house neither had Dustin nor Max.

It was only late at night Alex received a call from Lucas.

"Hello, Alex come to the junk yard now. It's a code red over and out." Alex wasn't even given a chance t speak before the radio went static.

He just scoffed and went there. Once again Alex felt unwanted, he had stuck by Max the whole time Mike had sent her out but she hasn't even talked to him in the past two days.

*TIME SKIP*

ALEX POV:

I reached the junk yard before it began to turn dark I had my hood up and my grey jogging bottoms on.

"Hello Lucas bro where are you?!" I shouted seeing no one there

I walked around until I reached this caravan and was grabbed by the wrist and taken inside.

Great I thought great way to fucking die not as if I didn't want to though..

Turns out it was just Steve, Dustin, Lucas and Max.

"What the actual fuck is this, you guys ditched me for 2 days TWO FUCKING DAYS and then want me to come over because it's a fucking emergency!" I began to shout, I was just angry at everything and everyone.

"Man listen, im sorry but theres been some real shit that been going down and Ive been busy" Lucas said calmly "we all have"

"well maybe you should've thought let's fucking tell Alex before he worries about us and stress himself out looking for us" I said mimicking Lucas' voice.

"Look we're really sorry." Lucas finished

"Whatever, now tell me what the emergency was so I can leave." I said not in the mood to talk to any of them.

NORMAL POV:

Dustin, Steve and Max all frowned at the sight of two brotherly best friends arguing.

Steve knew Alex really well from detention as they would always talk in there together.

Max knew he was having another episode she began to realise how his eyes twitched every time he had one and she felt bad for not being there for him.

They began to explain everything new they had found out about the demegorgan and the upside down but what boiled Alex's blood even more was that Lucas had told Max before him,

"Your fucking telling me that Max new ALL of this information before ME, the person you shared a BEDROOM with you decided to go tell her first, what you just wanted to impress her or something?" Alex said even more annoyed.

"What no that's- that's not it!" Lucas stuttered but regretted what he had just said pursing his lips

Alex had known him long enough to know that when Lucas stutters that he's lying.
———————- MENTION OF OD AND PILLS
"Yeah go lie straight to my face, I wonder what happened to the person I called a brother, the person who never lied to my face once, who kept me off ODing on my bipolar pills. Cause right now I don't see him."
———————————-

Alex picked up the binoculars from the table and walker up the ladder to the roof to be on the lookout.

Lucas knew that what Alex had said he didn't mean it but it still hurt Lucas. A tear fell down his cheek but he wiped it away quickly. " Um whoever wants to go um lookout with Alex go ahead." Lucas said like his voice was about to break.

"Max you should go Steve and I will be with Lucas" Dustin spoke for the first time since the argument had started.

Lucas couldn't believe what he had done. He ditched Alex, who he thought of as his brother for random girl he had only know for a week.

ALEX POV:

I sat at on the roof my face emotionless, I felt the cold piercing my skin but I didn't mind I deserved it. I shouldn't have talked to Lucas like that. He was the only family I had left. The one person I always trust.

The ground showed clear fog on surrounding the floor. Something was definitely going wrong.

Suddenly the cranking off climbing footsteps began louder and louder as they sat beside me looking out. I didn't care who it was or what they were doing he.

"This is kinda awesome" the person said. It was maxes voice but I didn't move my head I just stared out as if I was in a trance.

"The fog, it looks like the ocean" she continued hoping I would speak.

I stayed silent for a few minutes contemplating my decision. I was mad at them for something that wasn't there fault. Come on Alex I told myself, they are your friends. And eventually I felt a bit better.

"Do you miss it?" I asked

Max seemed shocked I was even acknowledging anything she was saying.

"What?" She asked wanting me to elaborate.

"Your friends, the beaches, just the California in whole?" I added

"Yeah I miss it a bit" she said with a slight frown on her face.

" I bet it makes Hawkins look pretty lame" I said a small smile somehow appearing on my face. My episode was slowly going. YES

"Actually I met a few people here who changed my perspective of Hawkins. Especially this one boy, made me smile laugh and stalked me on my first day of school." She said teasingly

"I didn't stalk you okay I was just curious, curious to why a little red head somehow always made me nervous" I said lightly.

It was quiet for a few moments.

"I like talking to you stalker." She said smiling

Before I got to reciprocate the sentence a loud screech echoed through the forest.

They were close