03| 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙽𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚋𝚘𝚛

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

I've been at home alone for the past week. currently, I'm lazily seated on the couch in a hoodie and sweatpants crying after watching the final episode of Euphoria since I had been binging all the episodes I missed.

TV shows like Euphoria made me feel more normal than I actually was. In some ways watching shows like this was some form of validation.

I was all in my feelings and having a good cry until I heard loud bangs from outside causing me to jump.

"what the FUCK", I scream still obviously very emotional and startled.

I stayed still for a moment debating on whether to investigate, cause I was not in the mood to get shot.

but then I remembered this is one of the richest neighborhoods in the city. The worst that could happen to me was tripping over an upturned piece of sidewalk.

I probably wouldn't survive in any horror movie but fuck it my curiosity was too strong.

I throw on a sweater head outside in a hurry and stand in front of the gates. I stare and scan the surroundings making sure everything is still intact.

Then I notice something weird, the random empty mansion that's been across our house for years seemed alive again, somebody even set up a basketball court.

This could only mean one thing... New neighbors

I keep peering out the lines of the huge black gates but see absolutely nothing at least for a while until I turn a bit to the left and find myself staring back at dark green siren-like eyes.

I yelp in surprise not expecting the stranger to pop out of nowhere.

He had black messy hair and was a little tan, and was also around my height but seemed a few inches taller considering I was 5"7. So we were basically face-to-face.

He stares at me for a while scanning me from head to toe suspicion all over his features.

"Who the hell are you, the Blakes are on vacation right now", he says glaring at me in suspicion.

I quickly go from being surprised to defensive. Is he really suspecting me right now? I don't even look like I have anything to steal.

"I think I should be asking you that... stranger, I've never seen an odd face like yours in this neighborhood", I say glaring right back.

His face was far from odd, but technically I was telling the truth I had never seen his face and this neighborhood wasn't really huge, So unless this coma also gave me memory loss then he's a total stranger to me.

Then his eyes widen as if he's realized something.

"Don't tell me your one of those dirty street rats that scope out other people's houses while they're away", he says now looking at me in disgust.