26| 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

Feeling hot is something people don't realize is that powerful. In fact it's so powerful that it holds the ability to make you forget about even shitty siblings for a good while.

It's definitely working for me right now like a drug that gives me no anxiety and limitless confidence.

I walk in the east hall towards the gym while gossiping up a storm with Ivy, Rami, Nolan, and Mikey. Kai and Jay on the other hand were busy in the locker rooms prepping for the game.

The electric buzz of the crowd is heard minutes before we even get near the large red-and-white gym.

Nolan and Mikey had crossed paths with Ivy, Rami, and Jay through Kai despite going to different schools and surprisingly hung out more often than I assumed.

Overall I fucking loved the thrill and comfort of hanging around them, much better than the last shit show group I was in.

"No he's definitely a Scorpio, they're cunning and sassy as hell", Ivy continues in a semi-heated argument with Nolan.

I laugh at their stupidity over zodiac signs, something I never truly understood but genuinely got the appeal for.

"Hell no there's no way I've been friends with a Scorpio-

"Hey!, I'm a Scorpio", Mikey yells in protest.

Nolan freezes dramatically slowly turning towards Mikey.

"Me too", Rami quickly adds sending Nolan into a spiral.

"Oh- my God, who are you guys...", he says shaking in disgust.

"So you mean to tell me y'all have known each other for a good while and don't know each other's zodiac signs", I say amused at the whole situation.

"Yeah no we only know Nolan's but that's because Nolan never stops fucking talking", Rami says rolling her eyes.

"Don't make me jump at you", he says angrily.

"Leap frog. I dare you", Rami says smirking in a teasing manner.

Immediately as if on cue Mikey goes to Nolan holding his arms back despite his quick struggling protests.

"I won't hurt her I'm just trying to negotiate", he says out of breath.

People passing by watch us giving us weird looks while Rami teases him making faces.

I'm so caught up in the chaos that I don't realize the snake nest quite literally walking towards us by the entrance of the gym.

I zone the rest of my friends out looking at Carter and Isabelle snuggled up against each other the rest of them chatting probably not noticing me yet.

I get nauseous for some reason watching them and their fully lit smiles, almost too carefree to be true.