25| 𝙴𝚡𝚌𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚜

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

The game was officially in 2 hours and I was currently getting ready while humming a feel-good r&b tune.

If you hadn't guessed I was definitely in a good ass mood.

I slept peacefully for the first time and thankfully my life had felt much less troubled than the previous nights making me feel much more in control.

Today was the day of the game and I couldn't be more excited, Kai and I had decided that he would come over after the games and I'd help him get ready for the after-party.

More like we'd both help each other get ready since we basically live right across from each other.

I wear Kai's oversized jersey and match it with cute cargo pants with unique signatures written in cursive along the waistline.

I do my makeup simple but cute and finish my
off with setting spray and perfume.

I stand in the mirror and look at my hair which is currently in a cute curled ponytail making my diamond-shaped face stand out more.

I do a few poses admiring my outfit before I hear a knock on the door startling me.

I wonder who it is and to be honest there's only one person I hope it isn't.

"Is it ok if I come in", the voice says clearly belonging to Killian.

The shock and slight relief that comes to me from the owner of the voice is overwhelming and makes me extremely reluctant but since I don't let them affect me anymore I shouldn't really care less.

"Yeah come in", I say just a bit wary.

The door opens and I see Killian come in but the thing is it's not just him.

Right behind him the rest of my siblings file in not saying a word.

Look how the tables have turned, I used to be the one going into their rooms.

I move away from the mirror and sit on my bed acknowledging the tense atmosphere.

Killian clears his throat most likely getting ready to speak.

I look up at them studying their uncomfortable stances.

They don't wanna be here.

No, they do wanna be here but seem scared.

I know I changed when I woke up from the coma but not to a scary extent, at least in my opinion.

"We wanna know something", Killian finally speaks up pulling me from my thoughts.

"Ok", I say a bit awkwardly.

"We- um we wanna know-

"What happened?", Diane says cutting him off.

I know what she's talking about but I decide to get them to say it out of their own mouths.

I wanna hear it.

"What do you mean?", I asked tilting my head.

"C'mon, Summer you know what we're trying to say don't make us spell it out", Derek adds.

"No spell it out, I wanna know the words", I say well aware.

If they wanted me to hear them out they had better come correct.

"We mean why are you like this now... it's like you pretend you aren't associated with us as if we're just strangers living under a roof", Elise clarifies looking troubled but determined.

I'm a bit taken aback but nonetheless keep my composure.

"You're seriously asking me that", I say a bit annoyed.

"Lemme ask you all one question, how many times did I try and comfort you all with nice gestures compared to how many times any of you all comforted me?", I ask.

Silence ensues

The regret, shame, and sadness have no problem appearing on their faces.

"After dads death we-

"Dad would hate the fact that you all still use him as an excuse for how you deal with your feelings", I say silencing the room.

I feel a bit guilty after mentioning him but I proceed regardless.

"Summer that's not fair", Dillain says his voice a bit shaky.

I scoff coldly in response to the sibling I once held dearest.

No way they wanna discuss what's fair and what isn't.

"Not fair. What's not fair is me having to hear every single fucking one of you say insensitive things while I was in a damn coma!", I say making the room once again silent.

At this exact moment, I'm genuinely glad they came into this room because I've been dying to let that out honestly.

"Oh my God...Summer we didn't know you could hear", Diane says quickly catching on.

"Yeah and thank God I did hear because imagine how much of an idiot I would look like if I had woken up thinking my family actually acted like a fucking family while I was almost dead", I say my mood taking a turn for the worse.

"Just let us explain", Killian says.

Being around them was suffocating and it seems they never really truly understood the extent of how terrible they treated me.

I just couldn't deal with this.

"No, no more excuses from here on out I'm gonna live my life and you all are gonna live yours", I say grabbing my purse and standing up off the bed.

"Summer please", Elise pleads this time.

I ignore her gathering the rest of my things.

"Now if you excuse me I have a game to attend", I say swiftly walking past them out the door.

I don't even look back.

All I genuinely wanted was an apology yet they couldn't even provide that.

———————————————————————

A/N: I've been drowning in work but don't worry I'll make up for this short chapter ;)