31| 𝙵𝚞𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚘𝚛

The world always found ways to leave me either stunned, depressed, angry, or a good combination of all 3

I was lying on my bed staring at my ceiling absentmindedly.

Fuck family issues, fuck ex-best friends, fuck ex-boyfriends, fuck my attackers, fuck Kai and most of all fuck my life.

Although out of all those which I've begun to learn to overcome Kai's whole existence was like a fresh wound.

I think back to earlier tonight and wince at the painful memory.

"I don't feel anything for you other than friendship but now even that's gone too"

I was still trying to figure out whether I was in the wrong completely tonight or not and where it all went wrong.

I had left early and had been sulking while Kai had just got back a few minutes prior to now after probably having the time of his fucking life.

I can't even imagine what school would be like after all this shit when Monday comes.

suddenly out of nowhere, I get a phone call startling me and pulling me out of my thoughts. I grab my phone and take glance at the caller.

I wish I never did.

The contact name makes my heart drop and anger floods my veins. Kai was batshit crazy if he thinks I would pick up the phone after the way he had spoken to me tonight. I quickly decline but immediately the phone rings again.

I decline for the second time without wasting another thought and contemplate all the reasons why he would possibly be calling at 1:00 after the party.

What the fuck is going on. He was the one who had stated that we should stay away from each other.

although despite my anger for him right now some part of me deep down just wanted to talk shit out and be with him again even if we were just friends or if it was all for pretend.

The phone rings again and I decide to pick it up after a few rings. I don't know what he has to say but the curiosity was killing me.

the phone is silent on the other end for just a second as if he can't believe I finally picked up but then it goes downhill from there.

"Summer please- I-I don't know what to do he's all I have left", he says his voice panicked and strained.

Immediately I'm alert and worried.

"Oh my God, what's going on?", I ask urgently

"Its-It's...I can't breathe", he says inhaling deeply without exhaling.

"Ok I'm on my way", I say not wasting any time

I don't put on anything ignoring the fact that I'm in only pajama shorts and a loose-cropped top.