30| 𝙳𝚊𝚛𝚎

Spirits were high and the game was light not too confrontational at least not yet

The questions were surprisingly tame especially since the people in this room were far from that but I knew some type of turning point would arrive soon. The atmosphere was fun for the most part, with people stripping, taking pickle juice shots, and sending risque texts to their own parents.

It almost made me miss my life pre-coma. genuine simpler times.

There was something I did notice though, the glances between Carter and Kai. Kai was harshly glaring at him from time to time.

I wonder what happened.

Not just the glances between them but also the way Carter would look at me, I'm sure he thought he had some form of impact on me but the looks made me feel nothing but disgust. I wanted to forget he even existed and this game unfortunately wasn't helping with that.

"Alright Carmen pick whoever you want to ask your question to", Ivy says.

"hmmm, ok Summer please don't be mad", she says in between giggles obviously a bit tipsy from drinking being just 30 minutes into the game.

I roll my eyes playfully but on the down low, I wasn't in a playful mood at all.

here we go I knew right then and there I would get stray bullets shot at me yet again. I swear it was as if I was some main character of some teen fiction novel...

"Kai this one's for you", she says making dramatic oos go around the room.

Now I was really nervous and my body language was working overtime to hide it.

Mikey, Jay, and Nolan give each other glances that are unreadable but somehow make me even more nervous.

 I look over at Kai and his face is stoic and blank, I don't know why he's even here he's been acting up all night and I'm sure Rami, Ivy, Jay, Mikey, and Nolan know something I don't.

They're all closer to him anyway what do I know, I just woke up from a coma a month ago and it's still as if sometimes everyone wants to move on with their lives without me. My mood these days wasn't the best and I think I'm starting to genuinely spiral, tonight might be the last goddamn straw.

"truth or dare", she asks him eagerly.

"Dare", he replies his face still blank.

"chose someone in this room to do seven minutes of heaven with, in that gold embroidered closet. But it has to be someone other than Summer", she says giggling some more.

I don't feel good at all.

I see a mix of worried looks from my friends and scheming and happy looks from people that I know for sure don't give a shit about me. Rick and Sierra are the main ones grinning no surprise there.