16| 𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚏𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

SUMMER BLAKE

SUMMER BLAKE

Their eyes. That's the first thing I notice.

They looked at me with an unnerving type of hate, distrust, and nothing relating to goodness.

I tense up my breathing getting heavy. The first day I saw them I wasn't affected so why did I feel nervous now?

I just didn't want to see any of them it brings back so many unwanted feelings and loads of confusion. I'm still deciding if they're even worth my time.

I'm about to walk away when Kai grabs my hand startling me. I look at our hands intertwined in surprise before masking the surprise on my face quickly. His hand in mine weirdly reassures me.

I look up at him noticing his eyes already on me, a weird feeling washes over me as I briefly stare into his electric green eyes. His eyes held a certain determination like he was ready to conquer anything and everything.

He bends down to my ear before whispering.

"We can go if you want", he says out of consideration.

"No, it's fine I'm curious about what they have to say", I say breathing out.

"Good, because I kinda wanted to see you kick ass", he whispers again, his lips slightly brushing my ear.

I giggle lightly at this rolling my eyes at his antics.

he looks at me an interesting glint appearing in his eye.

"What?", I ask already on the defense.

"you know I didn't take you for the giggling type, you seemed more like the cackling type to me", he says flat out.

My mouth drops open before I burst out laughing out of genuine shock. Out of all the things to say at this moment that was one of the first things that could come to Kai Brent's interesting mind.

He was something.

However, the wholesome moment is quickly short-lived when I realize all my former friends are currently one foot away from us watching with disgust. I feel nervous but God forbid I show them I am, So I make sure that I'm looking at them upon their arrival letting them know exactly what they now mean to me.

Izzy steps forward first, the friendly demeanor I used to see on her face completely gone, even though the other day she seemed like the only one who could tolerate my presence.

"what the fuck, do you leeches want?", Kai asks before Izzy even gets the chance to speak.

Immediately after he says this Izzy falters a bit her eyes darting nervously in embarrassment. while the rest either scoff in disgust or angrily mutter.